Truma Heating/Hot Water System, Help please (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

We have just transferred over from tugging and other than the odd glitch (ie getting everything 'just so' on a pitch and THEN realising we haven't filled up with water:Doh:) we're doing OK.

I say that but there is one item (only one???) in the 'van that is causing us bafflement.

Our 'van is a 2005 manufactured Hobby 650. It was first Registered late in 2007 but was supplied with a 2004 Handbook.
Close to the door are two dials for the Truma Hot Water/ Heating and they are similar (but different )to those found in our previous caravan. The bottom dial has a couple of extra symbols but that dial is adequately described in the Handbook. We use that to get heating in combination with hot water (or not as the case may be) and we understand that the source of the heat is gas.

By a process of elimination, even we:ROFLMAO: have worked out that the top dial gives adjustment for heating and hot water via electricity but what the symbols on the dial mean is a mystery to us. The centre of the dial does move and on putting the dial into certain positions creates an orange light behind the dial but that's as far as our knowledge goes.

Can anyone out there assist please?

I apologise for not supplying a photo. I have attempted to upload one but the computer says...... No.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If like mine, then from memory the bottom one is for on hook up only.

HOWEVER, SAYING THAT ... I got confused because if on gas only, you DO have to turn the bottom one to the symbol like a flame (one flame only).

The middle button you mention with the light, is like a thermostat so that when the heating is on it makes it hotter or cooler as you like .. I tend to leave mine on three but turn it down when van gets hot.

RE The outside symbols on the top heater ... sorry memory not brilliant ..
The wiggly water lines mean hot water heater on. If do double wiggly lines and 60 then hot water heater on and van heater on.

Apologies if this incorrect but without looking at the knobs I can't remember what they look like.

A picture would remind me if you can make it. The knob saying EHU is for electric hook up use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Toe toe

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
If you go on YouTube and put truma combine 04/06 you will find traumas video on how to use it hope that works for you:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
If they are the same Truma controls that are in our Bailey then they are very confusing.
Truma in their wisdom have used that same symbol a flame on both dials to mean different things. One one dial, the power source dial it means gas. The other dial is the selector for room heating, hot water or both, on this dial the flame indicates hot air room heating.

On the power source dial the wavy lines are vertical and indicates electric, while on the selection dial there are horizontal and indicate hot water.

The five source options are gas only, gas plus 900W electric, gas plus 1800W electric, 900W electric or 1800W electric.
The heating selections are water 60C, water 40C, room heating plus incidental hot water or room heating plus 60C water. The numbered knob in the centre of this dial is the room temperature, we find 2 or 3 is right for us.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Again,

Can I thank the three contributors for their input. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found the symbols confusing. I will take you you up Toe toe on your suggestion of the youtube vid. Thank you Joy (If I may be so bold, we haven't been introduced yet:Blush:) and finally to Someone else who has provided the as yet unknown names to the symbols.

Once again Taa.:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back