Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
Being new to all this, I didn't realise that there are a number of clubs to join (in order to get a cheaper pitch fee). Does anyone have a list of the main clubs please?

I would appreciate peoples' opinions on which is the best to join too.

Cheers,
Lee.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the big 2 in this country are the camping and caravanning club and the caravan club. both have good benefits and their downside. depending on how you envisage using your van will show which one best suits you

we've been a member of both for many years. caravan club for sites and cl's and camping& caravanning club for the rallies and temporary holiday sites. THS's are excellent value and cheap camping but no facilities like shower blocks etc

Upvote 0

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
As said main 2 are
Camping & caravan club and the caravan club, believe there is also a motor caravan club
We are members of the 1st too and use both as they have sites in different locations, just spent 2 nights on à cl in fife £10 night incl EHU
Have saved my membership of caravan club just by the discount on the M6 toll !!!
Depends where you want to go and what type of site you want to use ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sift

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
Thanks all. I will take a look into both. My main use is going to be weekends away with the children. I might get a longer break in but I doubt it as racing eats my annual leave.

Obviously if one of the clubs is affiliated with the one in Brian's link, that's the one I'll be going for. Not sure it looks overly child friendly entertainment though ;)

Regards,
Lee.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if you joined the c&cc the local district association is new forest DA. they hold meets every weekend throughout the region all through the year. they also have a very active ccj and ccy section run for the kids. this teaches them all about the camping life and later when they are teenagers, they get an option to take a competency test and then get to go away on international meets with other teens. it really is great fun for kids and although its not geared up for those that prefer a theme park and playstations, it teaches them a lot about life. my own daughter camped with us since she was a baby and moved into her own tent (beside the van) aged 8. there are plans that all the grandchildren will do the same, although they have currently only camped a few times. still under 3 years old though

oh and by the way, some of the meets are at commercial sites with facilities but with a good discount. plus you get cover from RAC much cheaper as a member and better cover. plus most insurers offer a discounts for members:thumb:

Upvote 0

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Have saved my membership of caravan club just by the discount on the M6 toll !!!

would be really interested to know what the M6 discount it - tried the cc website, but doesn't quote the discount without registering. Whilst I am unlikely to use CC a lot, I do use M6 toll extensively with work (not with M/h yet) and recognise that it is on every occasion so much better than sitting in the carpark of the parallel M6. It may well be worth the joining fee, as you say.
please shed some light!

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
would be really interested to know what the M6 discount it - tried the cc website, but doesn't quote the discount without registering.

as far as I can see you only get a discount when towing a caravan or driving a motorhome.. >>>>>

When travelling on the M6toll driving a vehicle towing a caravan or caravan
trailer or driving a motorhome, your toll will be discounted to the Class 2 (car)
rate* (maximum £9 return trip saving).

Simply present your valid Caravan Club membership card to a
member of staff prior to payment at an Attended Lane.

Should members wish to pay by card or cash they can do so by using
the Card/Cash lane and press the assistance button (members must
press the assistance button prior to making payment to ensure
discounted rate is applied)
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
thats perfect - quite a saving! will now mull!
not bothered about non motorhome use, as always on company business, so get reimbursed, but would love to use when shlepping off for weekend and m6 is horrendous and virtually only route up to peak district /wales/shropshire - could go via M1 but digging all of coventry up at the moment to access via m69 and same again in Northampton -feeling trapped in Oxfordshire!!!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back