Parking in Derry (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2008
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Can anyone recommend somewhere to park and stay in a motorhome (6 metre long van conversion) near the centre of Derry, N I. this weekend.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Can anyone recommend somewhere to park and stay in a motorhome (6 metre long van conversion) near the centre of Derry, N I. this weekend.

A brave man??????? :winky:

mta

Free Member
Oct 21, 2013
nuneaton
Funster No
MH
Carado T138
Exp
since 2000
Don't know if this helps, but believe there's overnight motorhome parking in Buncrana Town centre, not too far to drive to Derry from there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Parking in Northern Ireland is mainly the responsibility of the Department for Regional Development Road Service, rather than local authorities. Their parking places are aimed at cars rather than larger vehicles. Don't park over two spaces because it is banned and will probably result in a ticket.

Derry City Council told me they don't have any car parks themselves so you may well have to find a quiet street somewhere.

See Here for more details/links.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
with the real potential for trouble over the next few weeks (Thank mr Adams), I would keep to the countryside. some beautiful places to stay over in NI.

Kevc

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Compact Leisure vehicle
Exp
Since 2011
I use a Hotel in Derry fairly frequently who have a large parking area, may be worth contacting them to see if you could use their car park in return for some business in their bar and restaurant. Nothing to lose and it does not hurt to ask.
Hotel is called DaVinci's, it is a Ramada

Good luck

Kev

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
The nearest campsite is at quigleys point about 15 minutes drive from Derry going towards Moville. There is also a motorhome stop at Greencastle but that's about half an hours drive. You can also wildcamp around Moville and surrounding areas.

Derry is as safe as London in my opinion. There are some parts I would not enter (same as London) how close do you have to be to the centre? There are some quieter spots towards the airport.

Sonja

M

Madwife

Deleted User
I stayed at DaVincis last year when I was working over there- nice hotel and big car park. It might be worth googling Derry City of Culture (2013) as there were lots of events and the website also had accommodation.

Have a great time as it's a lovely place.

Kath

RSB138

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
Londonderry N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years +
Eaghvale Camping Park BT48 8LW

The above campsite is only 3 miles from city centre off the Buncrana Rd
you can Google it mobile No 07801731815 I think this site is still open good
luck enjoy

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
At the risk of being banned Have a look at motorhome craic full of useful info on ireland.

OP
OP
Petew
Oct 30, 2008
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Have found a campsite at Castlerock.
It is very close to a station with trains to Derry. The journey takes about 30 minutes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back