Small Twintub washing machine (1 Viewer)

M

Marion

Deleted User
Hello Everybody from sunny Venice.

It's 28 in the van and a lot 'otter outside.

Just walked about 40 km carrying 73kg of dirty washing through te backstreets of Treviso to get to a laundrette. And it was even heavier & hotter coming back. And we had to stop off and buy some fresh Orate from the fish van who cunningly parked in our way.

Washing's hanging out to dry outside our van now, but we're prolly going to gert told off for hanging it out in public :cry:

So. what we want is one of these: Link Removed

Has anyone used one? Any good?

Or are we doomed to trudging to laundromats forever?

Many thanks

Marion

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Marion, we have one of those, they are great, I use it a LOT. Even done beach towels this trip, wouldn't be without mine now especially with my large tribe, particularly Katie who likes to change three times a day! We love Venice:Smile:

SIAN

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

Hi Marion, we have one of those, they are great, I use it a LOT. Even done beach towels this trip, wouldn't be without mine now especially with my large tribe, particularly Katie who likes to change three times a day! We love Venice

SIAN

yeh, yeh, I bet Jim wrote that really :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have only heard good things about them Marion. Are you still in sunny climates?

stew

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hello Everybody from sunny Venice.

Just walked about 40 km carrying 73kg of dirty washing through te backstreets of Treviso to get to a laundrette.Marion

Walking through those backstreets...you see the other side if Venice with the less affluent community.

At one stage we felt quite uneasy....Very quiet....Away from the hustle-bustle of the tourists. Do love Venice though..When the square is not flooded.::bigsmile:

40 K's That's a Loooong way.

What sort of power requirement do these washers need?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Walking through those backstreets...you see the other side if Venice with the less affluent community.

At one stage we felt quite uneasy....Very quiet....Away from the hustle-bustle of the tourists. Do love Venice though..When the square is not flooded.::bigsmile:

40 K's That's a Loooong way.

What sort of power requirement do these washers need?

160W, 3amp click on the link its all there hee hee

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi

Hi Marion, we have one of those, they are great, I use it a LOT. Even done beach towels this trip, wouldn't be without mine now especially with my large tribe, particularly Katie who likes to change three times a day! We love Venice

SIAN

I have only heard good things about them Marion. Are you still in sunny climates?

stew

The clue was in the signature at the bottom, not Jim but Sian:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Twin tub magic - luv mine

Hi
Got mine few weeks back - luuuuuv it - great fun, :thumb:takes me back to 70's when had one. Takes longer but saves walk to launderette but even better saves money.
Find leaving washing to soak (like the oldy days!!!) helps too. Money well spent. Got mine off ebay shop - ordered about 3pm and it arrived the next morning - well impressed. Friend then went on to get one but they had sold out:ROFLMAO: - becoming very popular.

Go for it - you will love it::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Cheers
Jaen

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Looks good, for years we just put the washing in a drum on the back of the van, it agitated itself whilst driving, solar heater to warm the water, worked well with a cold wash powder and cost nowt. But no good if static. The washing machine is fine if you have a hookup or at a push a Genny but will give your batteries a good bashing otherwise. Hope you have large solar panels. Couldn't washing wait till you were on a site with facilities, Smalls hand wash easy in a bowl.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Marion

Perhaps it would have been easier to take the laundry down to the river and beat it on a rock ::bigsmile:

Hope you and the old man are still enjoying the delights of compact and bijou touring :winky: :roflmto:

There are loads of these machines on fleabay Link Removed
If you want to order one, you can always get it sent here and I shall stow it in the bus for you ::bigsmile:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
The washing machine is fine if you have a hookup or at a push a Genny but will give your batteries a good bashing otherwise. Hope you have large solar panels. Couldn't washing wait till you were on a site with facilities, Smalls hand wash easy in a bowl.

:RollEyes: Never used Hook-up. Only EVER used Solar power and batteries. One of the advantages of having an RV. However. We have friends who have a similar set up on an Autocruise and they also never use hook-up. :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi

SIAN

stew

No not my words, but I have used it. The spinner on it works really well.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Just shove the washing in your aquaroll and hitch on the back of the motorhome, it will be done when you arrive, :rollonfloor::rollonfloor:

texastaffy

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Twin Tub

Hi, we also have one of these & my better half swares buy it, used it all last winter down in spain & recons it paid for itself in no time, clothes spin almost dry. Highly recomended.

OP
OP
M

Marion

Deleted User
Thanks everyone for your positive views on this piece of kit - just need to find a place to stow it - maybe the roof.

Thanks Lindy - will bear it in mind

Yes Stew we're still in the heat - presently at the Lakes - and oh boy the sites are still heaving - we're going off today to find peace and quiet. We've got another week of tourists then they all go home.::bigsmile:

Cheers everyone

Marion

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Stowing it can be a problem, we kept the box it came in, I then used a roll of gaffer to armour plate the box and we keep it in the trailer. You will need a tall locker to store it upright, and need to take extra care that it is emptied if you store it on its side. Well worth the hassle though:Smile:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

Which Lakes are those Marion?

stew

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Don't know what it is like but the other day I was in Maplins and they had a portable washing machine on sale for £24.99 :ROFLMAO: probably a load of !
Lin

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Marion, we have one of those, they are great, I use it a LOT. Even done beach towels this trip, wouldn't be without mine now especially with my large tribe, particularly Katie who likes to change three times a day! We love Venice:Smile:

SIAN

Hi Sian

Was just going to post teasing Jim as being a Mrs Mop the saw your signature at the last minute:Doh::winky:

Couldn't imagine him doing the washing or could I?:winky::roflmto::roflmto: i have to:Doh::cry:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Marion

Deleted User
Stew, we're currently on the western shore of Lake Garda. Bruce & Jana have been in swimming - it's very hot here (32 at the mo).

Jim & Sian, where are you now? Still on the road - Bruce thought you might be in Green Spain (the top coast bit)?

Regards

Marion

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We are in the Green bit of Spain, though its turning browner by the minute:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back