DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This is quite a nitty, gritty Android question. Last year I could upload photographs from an SD card into my Nexus tablet. To do this I used the Nexus Media Importer app, an OTG cable and a small SD card read. When it was all plugged together I could see the files on the SD card and transfer them to the tablet.

Now, stuck in Spain it doesn't work. The media importer app reports it is connecting to the USB device, the card reader, but when I insert the card it just say " waiting for media" and nothing happens. I have tried all combinations of plugging it together, card, cable, reader first but all fail.

I can only suspect an Android update has caused this because last year it worked fine.

Has anyone any suggestions - other than buying a different tablet!

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Have you checked that the card hasn't been corrupted?

Good point but I have tried two cards, one from the camera and one from the GPS. It can see neither. I will try some googling and see what comes up. There may be a new app I can download.

Afternote: initial googling suggest all will be fine if I "root" the device, but I am loathe to do that as it really shouldn't be necessary for such a simple thing.

I have downloaded Total Commander app and will give that a go tomorrow. Land of Nod calling strongly now!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Have you tried to unplug OTG cable, then plug card into cable, then cable (with card ready installed) into Nexus 7?

No reason why it shouldn't work, and its not likely to be an update as mine is the latest and worked okay yesterday (but had to do it in that order)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
have you tried using one of the free file manager apps in case the nexus import program is corrupted? had this with a samsung and tried a different file manager and the problem went away, including in the samsung software as the basic files must have been updated installing the new app

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
have you tried using one of the free file manager apps in case the nexus import program is corrupted? had this with a samsung and tried a different file manager and the problem went away, including in the samsung software as the basic files must have been updated installing the new app

A corrupt program seemed to be the problem. I tried another app but couldn't get it to work so I uninstalled then reinstalled Nexus Media Importer, which was the app which worked last year. Now it works although the bottle of cold beer in front of me might have helped.

So it seems to be sorted now. Many thanks for the replies, it is always good to talk these things over, makes me think I am not alone with the problem.

Just need to upload some images to my blog. www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/spain2014. Which I will do after another beer. Estrella Damm by name, excellent and much more refreshing than the ubiquitous San Miguel, which I am told is a Philippines beer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco