Ducato Engine Water Deflecter | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

For sale Ducato Engine Water Deflecter

£11.90
Status
14 members are watching this ad

Ad details

This is my solution to water dripping into the engine and rotting your injectors. My design and 3D printed in ABS. Distance between the two bolt holes is 72mm. Will fit all ducatos except the latest version. Will probably fit Peugeot boxer as well. Just double check your dimension between the bolts. Now comes with fitting instruction sheet. Selling for £11.90 including p&p for Funsters. contact Me and will get one in the post to you.

Latest questions

We have a 2013 Ducato and the drainage problem is I think further over to the right of the air inlet. Am I mistaken or not? We do have a tiny drainage tube which constantly clogs and wonder if this clever device of yours overcomes this problem?
Look forward to your response
Kind regards and stay safe
Ian
PaulandChrissy
PaulandChrissy
It’s a matter of finding something that fits the bill nicely.
One member found this helpful.
PaulandChrissy
PaulandChrissy
Just did a little thread on the forum all about the water leaks on Ducatos. It might be helpful for you.
IanF
IanF
Thank you really informative
Ian
Hi, does this hinder the access to any serviceable items please? I'm just thinking along the lines of the Garage Service people saying that they would have to remove it and re-fit it to get to something?. I only mean for routine servicing not a major overhaul?
PaulandChrissy
PaulandChrissy
Doesn’t obstruct any routine servicing procedures. If they did have to remove it, it’s only 2 nuts which takes 30secs at most.
I only became aware of this problem when another Funster pointed this out to me who stores his MH next to me. My X250 does not have the injector cover but Jim's does (slightly newer).

Will I still need the injector cover or does this make the water miss all the injectors and the throttle body housing?
Reactions: PaulandChrissy
PaulandChrissy
PaulandChrissy
My van has the cover over the engine, but it still gets into the valley where the injectors are. If you pull your cover off I think you will find it wet and mucky in there. 👍
Spawn_e_git
Spawn_e_git
So will this stop any water getting where the ijectors are and does it clear the throttle body as well?
PaulandChrissy
PaulandChrissy
It does clear the throttle body and does deflect it away from the injectors. 👍. I have got it on my 2010 AutoTrail and it works a treat. If you have any problems with it I would want to know and would rectify it immediately.

Yours Paul and Chrissy
What a brilliant idea - can you do one to fit a Ford Transit MK7??
Hi great idea think I’ll have one of them. Regards nick
S
Sapper520
What date vehicles is this designed to fit? I have a 2020 140bhp engine.
PaulandChrissy
PaulandChrissy
Hi
i don’t think the 2020 models have the same problem. If you open the bonnet and see water marks running down from the centre of the scuttle at the base of the windscreen down onto the engine, then a deflector will solve it. If you are unsure, send me a photo and I can take a look.
PaulandChrissy
PaulandChrissy
Hi
just an update on the later Ducato vans. You don’t need the deflector. My brother has just checked his 2017 van and he says their are 3 well designed drains and he has no evidence of water dripping onto the engine, unlike the older X250 models.
West Country Motorhomes
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Rhino Installs

Ad information

Posted by
PaulandChrissy
Feedback score
+3 /0 /-0
Category
Motorhome Accessories
Views
Watchers