In a previous post I mentioned the gale coming up through the 'heating' vents in the step in my Bailey 745. Further investigation and it seems mine; built in Dec 2013, had the wrong insulated cover which did not cover the understep radiator. (I have photos but cant work out how to post!)
A small clue was being able to see the ground through the floor vent and radiator. I challenged Bailey to explain if a cover was missing, poor design or a simple cock-up - to date they have been evasive so no idea how they let the MH out of the factory like that.
Danum Leisure have been very good and have replaced the cover with the correct one which seals the radiator within the 'interior' space and so it now generates some heat.
If you have bought a Bailey I suggest you check - if you look under the s
Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. In a previous post I mentioned the gale coming up through the 'heating' vents in the step in my Bailey 745. Further investigation and it seems mine; built in Dec 2013, had the wrong insulated cover which did not cover the understep radiator. (I have photos but cant work out how to post!)
    A small clue was being able to see the ground through the floor vent and radiator. I challenged Bailey to explain if a cover was missing, poor design or a simple cock-up - to date they have been evasive so no idea how they let the MH out of the factory like that.
    Danum Leisure have been very good and have replaced the cover with the correct one which seals the radiator within the 'interior' space and so it now generates some heat.
    If you have bought a Bailey I suggest you check - if you look under the step and can see the radiator you need to email Bailey and take it back to the dealer to be fitted with a proper cover.
  2. Went for a first weekend away and managed to choose the weekend with storms, snow and gale force winds.

The Alde heating works ok but is not as good at drying wet walking clothes as the Truma blown air system we had before in the previous MH.

Bailey have put a radiator under the floor by the habitation door to provide an 'air curtain' of warm air BUT for some perverse reason the radiator is open to the outside world so we had a force 9 gale blasting up through the vents. There is more than one use for walking socks.

A further 'character feature' is the grey water outlet so low that a bucket won't fit under it and the rear wheel coats it in mud and road dirt. It is also very slow emptying but I have taken the tap to bits and removed a restrictor and filed out the hole to double flow rate.
    My next project will be to replace a section of the rigid outlet pipe with some flexible pipe so that I can raise it enough when I need to empty grey water into a container for disposal.
    Most of the MH is really good and comfortable, it's good to drive BUT the little niggles suggest the designers do not spend enough time actually using their products in a range of conditions.
    More to follow!
  3. We have just replaced our Chausson Flash 08 with a new Bailey. These are some initial thoughts and observations;

Seems quite well screwed together but will need a bit of work to adapt to our requirements.

The 'book' user payload is only 371kg which is not really adequate so we have had it put on the stronger chassis and plated at 3850kg which gives a nominal 700kg+ which will be plenty.

The table is a 13kg monster. I have removed it and replaced with a removable Fiamma socket/leg with a 600mm square table top. Light and easy and allows proper use of the L shaped seating. If we take grand kids and need the front bed then the table goes back.

The low line Alko chassis gives a really nice ride BUT as a consequence the outlet for grey water is less than 6" off the ground which will be fine with a suitable drain but virtually impossible to get any thing underneath.

Being on Pug base there are no day running lights unlike the Ducato out of the same factory.

More to follow when we have given it a proper run out!