Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. Crossed the channel in dense fog this morning . As soon as we drove off the ferry though we entered bright sunshine and clear blue skies.

We slept well last night on Marine Parade, though at about 10pm we heard a thud at the back of the van. First thought was someone had bumped into our van. I went out, but there was no vehicle behind us and no one in sight. After having a good look I noticed that one of the clamps on the Fiamma bike rack, the one which you connect on the bike frame when loaded, was missing. The thud must have been someone pulling it off the arm. It must have been someone with a motorhome who took it as I can't think of any other uses for it. What a toerag...

Never mind, we drove off the ferry and filled up the tank at Auchun, Dunkirk, the fuel warning light had just came on, so perfect timing, today's price €1.329 a litre, We are now at Camping La Chaumiere, our traditional first night stop.

http://www.campinglachaumiere.com/

It's only about 6 miles from where I used to live but I never knew it existed then. € 22 for van + 2, but with the boys it's €34. It's a little gem of a quiet friendly site though, we love it here, small pool, fishing pond, kids play area, and Guy the "grumpy farmer" who owns it.. Seriously he's a nice guy and his wife Bernadette used to work at the vets in St Omer so if you have a dog needs sorting she can fix an appt for you...

But best of all the french fries in the restaurant here are to die for, simply delicieux............, we will be tucking in tonight....

The kids are in the pool already... It's too hot in the van (32C inside, and 31C outside in the shade) )to be watching the cricket on Sky, so I'm at the bar with a cold one and listening to the cricket online. It's so warm though I shall be in the pool shortly..........