Month 7 - September 2010

Published by John & Joan in the blog John & Joan's blog. Views: 113

Well September has been another month of sitting on one site. We are at a Camping and Caravanning Club CS at Maiden Law near Lanchester in County Durham.

From this site I can see the house I was brought up in on the horizon to the north. We are almost on the top of a hill in North West Durham with views to Sunderland and the sea to the east. Views of the edge of the Durham dales to the south and Pontop Pike television transmitter about a mile as the crow flies to the west, the base of which is at 1035ft ASL. My father was born in a house near the mast.

We now tend to use this CS as a base as we need to see our doctors twice a year for checkups. I have had one of my checkups and today 28th I go for another. We kept the same doctors despite travelling about for convenience. Last year we got a 6 months prescription for over the winter so we will see them in October for another ready for our planned trip to southern Spain in November. We intend to be their until April and then move back up through France to home for our other checkup and MOT on the Smart car

We had a weekend away at Doncaster 24th to 26th for a family get together and are now waiting to set off for Birmingham at the beginning of October for work to and servicing of our on-board LPG generator.

I have topped up the LPG tank and it works out that in the last 20 days we have used 38 litres (approx 19kg) of gas for heating, and cooking.

We have an appointment for some repairs to the water taps and rear bumper lights booked for early November before we can get the MOT done on the Motorhome. This has delayed our planned departure for Spain as we had originally intended to head south in September/October.
You need to be logged in to comment