Well, after what felt like months of searching, visiting dealers and shows and trawling through a multitude of internet sites, we finally chose the type and layout that we wanted, then I started hunting for the elusive one. A couple of false starts, ones that got away, until I finally found it, at a dealers in Nottingham.
Deposit paid and a week or so later, went to collect it. The dealer seemed to take an age explaining it all, but on reflection afterwards it seemed to have been a blur that went over our heads. Got it home to find out there'd been a mix-up over the storage site so it had to stay at my parents for the first couple of days. Later moved to the storage site and got to grips with the gates/locks etc. Went out for a little trip to get used to it, which went well.
Mrs Spenders was enjoying herself getting all the bits and pieces to kit the van out for our first trip, which was booked to be a short jaunt to Bridlington, to dip our toes in the water so to speak. On the Thursday afternoon, six days after taking delivery of the van, I went to collect it to take it round to a mates to get a bit of extra tuition on the systems involved. I just jumped in the drivers seat and off I went.
Imagine my surprise and horror on arriving at my friends when I found that the rear longe was awash with water!!!! It had obviously entered via the rear rooflight and had splashed over the seats and floor. A quick call to the dealers and they urged us to return it to them to investigate the problem, so that what I did. Dear old Dad followed me down and then brought me back to Yorkshire, where I now sit, motorhomeless, waiting for the repair to be completed!
You need to be logged in to comment