Day 52 - Mersea Island - 23 Apr 10

Published by billkce in the blog billkce's blog. Views: 69

Hi Clo
St Georges Day & its sunny & warm again. Hope you get another week at your new job. Let us know.
Drove down from Norwich which was a small wooded site with about 10 wags & vans parked in 2 fields. The Smart had a flat battery & had to call out the rescue man. We discovered later that when I re-fixed the CD player I had turned it on. What a numpty. Anyway it appears OK now.

cycled into Norwich – all uphill I tell you!
Then a trip out to the nearest pub. The Cock & aptly named as well. What a doss-hole. Next morning we did a bit of wag admin & then drove Smartie off to Southwold where we walked up & down the pier & round the town. Nice little place & worth a visit.

to the campsite via Oulton Broad where the Norfolk Broads start. A bit chilly & we swiftly got back in the motor & trundled home. BBQ for dinner – yummy!

it was an early-ish night after a few vino collapsos.

We had to get the Smart back on the trailer the next morning & head off to Mersea. It was RAINING and we had to dry off all the stuff we had left out – lesson learned – thats what the underside of the wag is for. Anyway the Smart went on with no problem & we secured everything & set off around 1100.

Speak soon.

M & D
You need to be logged in to comment