Day 48 - Norwich!! - 19 Apr 10

Published by billkce in the blog billkce's blog. Views: 94

Hi Clo

Well done on the new job!! Hurrah!!

Shirl & the son she never had or is it her toyboy!!!!!!

We bade our housesitter ‘goodbye’ again (I’m sure he is glad to see the back of us this time!) This is now serious stuff we are off on the BIGGIE after dad’s hard work of organising our adventure.

But don’t get too excited as our first stop was only at Market Rasen Race Course with a ‘big meet’ with other Auto Trail owners. Journey was a bit of a baptism by fire for dad as Doc Brown (our Sat Nav) decided to send us through Lincoln – not for the faint hearted – but he performed well with trailer and Smart car. There was even a hill start!
We were greeted by the stewards and were first to park on the 2nd field, I wonder if news had spread regarding our initial test run with trailer!

Nevertheless we parked up and decided trailer would remain untouched for the weekend.
By the time we had returned from a bike ride into town, which really hasn’t much to offer, we were surrounded by motorhomes. A total of 140 which was quite an impressive sight.

Social events had been organised for both evenings and we managed to catch up with our friends George and Carol Bollenberg. There was a lot of dancing and jigging, and I nearly won a TV at the quiz night!

On Saturday morning 6 coaches departed to the Auto Trail factory in Grimsby to be shown how our motorhomes were produced. This, dad and I found very interesting. It was then off to queue for the hog roast which was laid on for us.[​IMG]

Overall the weekend was very relaxing especially as the weather was so good. It was good to catch up with friends and get even more useful info on travelling, others experiences etc. As always the weekend was well organised by ATOC’s committee for which we were thankful.

We departed mid morning for the 4 hour drive to Norwich. There was a slight panic as we realised that the route included driving under a bridge which was too low for us! …….

Lots of love

M & D
You need to be logged in to comment