Day 1247 – Ipswich / Northern MH Show / Skeggie – 31 July 13

Published by billkce in the blog billkce's blog. Views: 126

Day 1247 – Ipswich / Northern MH Show / Skeggie – 31 July 13
Primarily this blog is aimed at keeping our daughter in the UK, Chloe, abreast of our adventures in Europe. Additionally, we hope that other readers will find snippets of info regarding campsites, prices and foreign travel interesting or perhaps just informative.
For piccies see www.eastmidlandsdea.co.uk

ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL OF OUR READERS WHO HAVE STILL NOT HEARD.
ON 20 JULY 2013 OUR DAUGHTER CHLOE BECAME ENGAGED TO CHRIS.:BigGrin:
IT’S BRILLIANT NEWS AS CHRIS IS A FINE FELLOW.
WE ARE BOTH REALLY PLEASED AND HAPPY FOR YOU – YOUR MOTHER HASN’T STOPPED SMILING!!!:thumb:

Hi Clo,

Would you credit it? I got bloomin’ sunburn in the garden today – 5 July, whilst painting garden furniture.

Your mother had a nice birthday, went for tea with Margaret and Carol in Grantham and then home for Fizzy and Tapas. Cleaning the 'van today in Welby, ready for our trip to the Moon and Sixpence with Eve and John and the Cabo crowd.

Carole’s passport arrived back very quickly, so we are hot to trot again. Less than 8 weeks till we set off again. However, we are really busy almost every day till then. Mainly visiting and catching up with pals for our yearly chat.

Drove over to the Moon and Sixpence Campsite to visit the Cabo Crowd. Shirl had a drive now that we are not towing anymore. It's £25 per night here ( £16 for one person) but is good value for that with free golf and lawn bowls amongst other facilities. No children, so it's nice and peaceful.

Plenty of sport played and good company – Eve and John, Peter and Jackie, Brian plus Jim and Carole with Jimmy making his inimitable contribution. Also, plenty of laughs and a very enjoyable week in great weather.

When we got home, we discovered that I’d turned off the fridge/freezer by mistake and after 4 days in this sweltering heat, we had a bit of food to throw away. Luckily there wasn’t much, so it was lesson learned. We are taking the 'van into Sleaford for its MOT and service – no habitation this year as I believe that it's a rip off invented by garages to generate funds. We also deliver Smartie to the new owners at Sleaford station. Hopefully, it will be a good day……

Well, it all went much better than you could hope for. I met the lady buying Smartie at Sleaford Station and ran her home to test drive. She was ‘very happy’ and drove off to Brighton via Leicester. Sad to see her go but times move on. Then we dropped off the bikes at home whilst ferrying the 'van for MOT. Passed with no issues and serviced all for less than £400. Bargain. Test drove the bikes and they go well. To add to my delight – I sold my old bike for £30 by stationing it outside the front door with a For Sale sign on it. Went in a hour!

Now we have arranged to visit more Cabo Crowd at Skeggie next week – so that should be fun. Fish, chips and candyfloss I hope. Weather still very good.

Drove to the Cheshire Showground, near Knutsford, for the Motorhome Show and camped with MHF. Got lost en-route as it had been 4 years since we went that way and ended up going through Derby!!! Anyway, all was well in the end. Although it was a smallish show we managed to get just about everything we wanted plus a few extras. The weather was very hot and luckily we were close to the action. One show a year is quite enough and I think we’ll try Malvern next summer. Thanks to Paul and Nikki for hosting.

Then on Saturday evening we got your great news….Engagement to Chris! Although, I knew it was coming, we didn’t expect such a quick move from Chris!! Many congratulations and we both hope that everything works out how you want and that you are both very happy together. You make a great couple…and your mother hasn’t stopped grinning since you told her.

Drove via Boston to Skegness and met up with more folks from Cabopino: John and Kaye who have a Mobile Home which they use for the UK in the summer, Ken and Penny, Peter and Sandra and Ros and John. Skeggie is Skeggie of course, but we enjoyed the company and the fish and chips and the slots! Took a bike ride out to Gibraltar Point where we were ‘one with nature’ – aaahhh!:Doh:

Meeting up with the Bollenbergs tonight (28th) who are down from Preston in their Autotrail for an ATOC Meet at the Ruskington Show. Another free meal as Preston finished lower than the Clarets for the 3rd year in succession. A very enjoyable evening and I have released George from next year’s forfeit, as it's not really his fault that he supports such a crap team!! (PNE):cry:

Well, our friends from Spain, Bill and Sue have been going for it in Hampshire. After being forced to sell their original Motorhome, they bought a caravan and after trying it out – decided that they weren’t ‘Tuggers’ and got themselves a great little ‘Whirr-Clunker’! Happy travels, chaps…see you in Spain, maybe?

Well, that's about it for now. Your mother is searching the web for appropriate and useful engagement pressies. Hope to see you on Friday night.

Take care,
Love
M and D
xxxxxx

You need to be logged in to comment