Brittany 2012 (3)

Published by normanandsue in the blog normanandsue's blog. Views: 146

Day 5 – The weather has cleared up so took a walk to the boulangerie for our bagette and croissant and to buy a jeton for the borne to discover the cost for water and electric has risen from 2 – 3 euros. So having emptied and filled we set off – the weather just happens but again the adventures keep happening. Approaching a roundabout a motor cyclist had skidded off his bike and under a car; it couldn’t have happened long before we arrived as we were only four vehicles behind. The ambulance and sappeurs pompiers were in attendance (How unlike UK no police in attendance – we would have had at least 4 cop cars attending, but I digress. The cars in front mounted the kerb and skirted around the accident, the grass on the side of the road looked green and as two cars a white van and an articulated lorry traversed the grass no problem – so up the kerb I went, as soon as the front wheel hit the grass they spun in the mud and we were stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah but in the garage I had seen a set of “get out of the mud ladders” so rescued them and placed them under the wheels but the shortest distance to hard ground was by reversing, but I now had cars, vans and lorries up my rear end. So I sat and waited..................... the fireman nodded and gestured was I stuck? I nodded back yes – after a few moments he and another fireman stopped the traffic and pushed me on to the hard ground and we were able to continue our journey. Not more than half a mile up the road we saw a car nose into the ditch, clearly he had caught the edge and spun round and nose dived into the ditch.

Now we are settled into the aire (gratuite) at La Madeleine Bouvet a pretty spot overlooking a lake, (large pond) with the sun shining down to make is feel welcome. As we settled the van I thought we were getting a special welcome as one of the locals went by whistling “Scotland the Brave!”
You need to be logged in to comment