A Motorway Too Far

Published by Weinsbergaman in the blog Weinsbergaman's blog. Views: 313

Well what an experience that was :(

Day 1:

6 1/2 drive to Dover for the ferry. Arrived early so tried to get an earlier boat but was told to pay an extra £60.00. About turn & out for a couple of hours rest before returning to get the 6.30am ferry to Calais.

From Calais we travelled through Belgium (Never again as their roads & motorways are the worst I've ever experienced, not good for the Motorhome or the passengers :() and onto Luxembourg. Surprisingly my SATNAV didn't think Luxembourg existed so it was onto my mobile and google nav to get us to out first destination another 6 hour drive :(.

Camping Krounebierg was a nice site with Restaurant, indoor leisure facilities & nice views over the surrounding countryside. The pitch we were allocated was tiny for our 8.5m Motorohome and I just about squeezed in. Couldn't be bothered complaining as we were only there for 1 night. After the usual few beers & something to eat we all had a pleasant nights sleep :).

Diesel on 1.02 euros a litre (y)

Day 2

Onwards to Tettnang in southern Germany, another 7 hour journey :(. Raining nearly all the way, thinking why had we bothered to go from one rainy country to another :mad:.

Our destination was Gutshof Badhütten, a very nice site with large pitches, all flat and a superb Pizzeria & lovely pool. We were here for 2 nights, first night was rainy, god how I hate that bloody noise on the roof :mad:.

Day 3

Sunny in the morning and off on our bikes we went :). What superb countryside and how friendly the Germans are. Very polite & very helpful when we got lost numerous times through the woods. Tettnang is a superb small town with great restaurants, shops & atmosphere. Highly recommended.
Later back at the site we got our table & chairs out and cooked up a super dinner under the stars (y). A quieter nights sleep was had by all.

I'll continue with day 4 tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

leep6273 and Zoppydog like this.
You need to be logged in to comment