A little trip out

Published by Touchwood in the blog The last but one adventure. Views: 105

Sunday October 2nd was the day of the "Colonial Breakfast" - a social event hosted by an ex-neighbour at his mobile home on a site near where Rosie is in storage.

Rosie was pressed into service as additional seating/cooking facility for the event (which went very well) so on the afternoon we decided on a run out to a picnic area adjacent to Scaling Dam on the N Yorks moors - lunch and coffee in the van after a little walk with the dogs.

Rosie has now had her cambelt and water pump changed. The mechanic noted an oil leak from a faulty rocker box cover gasket and replaced that too, so a good job done all round
On the Monday previous I had continued my re-organisation of Rosie's inventory, repacking stuff in what I consider to be more appropriate locations, and removing the safari room to free up the over cab storage and make it useable as a bed for our next overnight outing - I had some doubts as to whether I was flexible enough nowadays to actually get into it, but a brief experiment showed I can - I'll need something like a memory foam mattress for it though - the existing mattress is a bit thin and too hard for my old bones.

So - inside is now all sorted to my satisfaction, and we're booked at Cote Ghyll camp site near Osmotherley for two nights at the end of October. Rosie's back in storage until then, though I may take her out for a run next weekend.
You need to be logged in to comment