Zing along.....

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Dodgey, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Fitted an extender stay around xmas, haven't been able to use it yet as the supplied hose had a leak and I'm still waiting for a replacment, but that's another rant....

Last month it's started zinging (as it were) when gas appliances running, I'm pretty sure it's the extendastay tee the noise comes from. One gas ring say, no noise, two some noise louder on three and if the furnace or water heater are run noise. If we get up to everything running it seems to shut up. Tryed the reset game yesterday and even wondered if fitting it in the cold any air under the caps may have expanded affecting the one way valves, ie removed caps and pressurised but no joy.
    Any thoughts, or is this anoying noise normal. I know the obvious is to remove but that's a bind as as we're diesel our genys LPG so I've got the whole lot supported, which happens to be part of the extenda stays fitting destructions, ie a bit of a faff.

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I get the same noise, whether using the extenda-stay or not.
    It comes from the LPG regulator .. the more flow, the more singing

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

I use my extenda stay a lot,but have never had this problem,only use the extenda stay to feed gas in from a Spanish bottle as the BBQ is fitted into the side of the RV and has its own gas feed.
    Then again it does help as I am a bit mutton jeff.:Doh: