mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I am pretty sure this is covered here somewhere but I am really bad at searching..

After my last post when I added the new battery to the camper and noticed fairly low voltage at the terminals on mains it is now clear that our zig unit is totally unable to provide 12v power on site. I have looked across the wiring and can't find anything obvious so assume the unit itself is faulty (I don't have my meter with me at the moment to check the outputs from the unit which will of course be the first thing I do)

So I assume these units are not user serviceable and therefore I need to replace it. Of course I want to keep costs as low as possible, I also want to stick roughly to the same space as the zig..

DOes anybody have a recommendation for me? Presumably all of the options are the same 2/3 wires in, 2 wires out... I have an inverter and have some of my sockets running through the inverter all the time (because so far I haven't got my head round switching circuits) but otherwise it is just the normal lights and pump

thanks in advance for your advice..

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
oh also.. I have a zig control panel .. CP 2000 and the charger is TX2000-r - I assume they are actually independent units and it doesn't matter if I replace the charger without replacing the controller?

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
well I am pretty sure this is its second life so not entirely sure how that would work but on the offchance I guess it is worth contacting them..
I thought all Zig units had a lifetime guarantee ?

OP
OP
mjltigger

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Bump

By the way, the reason I am sure the issue is the charger is because with the engine running I'm getting power to all my 12v stuff and the battery is getting charged as well. The charge doesn't last terribly long (about as long as I've had the engine running) but I can deal with damage the batteries have sustained once I get a charger fitted.. my main worry now is switching to a non zig unit with the zig control panel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back