Zenec E3715 reversing camera display

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by nomad, Apr 5, 2016.

1. nomad

nomad Funster

Hi, I have a Zenec E3715 naviceiver unit in my Burstner motorhome and I cannot make the reversing camera display show a "mirror image" has anybody any idea how to change this please. All previous reversing camera's hav had a switch or other method to change the display and I cannot find anything that covers this in the manual.
    Colin

2. Chipster

Chipster Funster Life Member

Curious as to why you need a mirror image?

3. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

4. nomad

nomad Funster

Hi Tony, I asked someone with a similar unit and he said that his display was "mirror image" but as there are no instructions to change it around I am beginning to think he didn't understand what I meant.
    Chipster, The reason I want a mirror image is that at my age I find difficulty in turning my head round to reverse and when driving my car I use the mirror, so I prefer to have a similar display in my motorhome.
    Thank you both for your interest
    Colin

5. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

I read the instructions for the display and for the camera. The display, as you have found, doesn't offer the option to mirror-image. The camera intended for use with that display does have the means to do what you want so I'm afraid the only answer is to use the 'correct' camera. The link I sent is for the camera instructions which explain how to reverse the image.

6. Larby

Larby Funster

Normally I would expect cameras to default to mirror image. However, looking at the diagram there seems to be the option to change the image.
    See the text where the camera is, which mentions cut and twist wire. This is a standard method to mirror the image although they say invert.
    So get the cable out the back of the monitor? Wire should be cut.

7. nomad

nomad Funster

Hi Tony, my camera is a waeco and I have checked it for ways to change the display without success so I'll just have to get used to it as it is.
    Thanks
    Colin

8. Dill

Dill Funster

I have the Zenec E3715 in my Elegance and I have been wondering how to change to mirror image as I want it for towing a car on "A" frame. Not had a lot of time to see into it yet, but I will do it as and when. My Camera is a Waeco too.

Are "A" frames Legal in Europe :LOL::LOL::LOL:(n)

9. Dill

Dill Funster

You need to pull out the unit and look for a thin Yellow wire, disconnect the wire and you should have mirror image.

Dill

10. nomad

nomad Funster

Many thanks Dill, I'll do that as soon as I can find a tool to release it from its mounting.
    Colin

11. Dill

Dill Funster

The tool should be with your instruction booklet in a polly bag two pieces of metal strip. You will need to remove the surround first though:LOL::LOL:

12. stevec

stevec Funster

If it's like my Zenec (not sure of the number but in a 2015 Burstner) which is a double height unit I'd be interested in how you get it out. The installation note shows using a flat plastic blade under the bottom of the unit. See bottom of page four of this:
    http://www.zenec.com/fileadmin/user...anuals/Z-E3715_MountingInstructions_DE-EN.pdf
    I couldn't find the tool in my kit. I wanted to get to the wiring for mine to see about putting a second camera into it.

Thinking about it I have a Waeco camera as well and I've not noticed it's not reversed. I treat it like a rear view mirror and not noticed anything amiss. You got me worried now. I'll have to check when I get home!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  13. Larby

Larby Funster

If I can refer to my previous thread, please note the diagram shows the wire to be cut is at the camera.

14. stevec

stevec Funster

That diagram is for a Zenec camera. The OPs camera is a Waeco. Unless of course Zenec just rebadge a Waeco but they didn't on mine.

15. Larby

Larby Funster

Fair enough:Smile:

16. nomad

nomad Funster

Looks like Burstner never include any removal tools in with the manuals etc I have 2 different remote controls but nothing else other than the user manuals.
    I'm going to Peterborough this weekend so I'll see what I can find out.
    Thanks everyone.
    Colin

17. Jenben

Jenben Funster

We have the same unit in our Hymer.
    To remove the unit you simply lever the bottom of the unit up and out as per the diagrams in the manual, mine pops out fairly easily. No installation tool is needed, but a plastic trim removal tool is useful to avoid marking anything.

Btw. As you have a Waeco camera already you might have the Waeco AMP100 connection interface box buried under the dash somewhere (if it's a dual lens shutter camera). I think this can also handle an extra video input and might be an easier way of adding an extra camera.

18. Dill

Dill Funster

Hang on chaps been today and no joy. My unit came out pretty easy by levering from the top. Looked for thin yellow wire. The only yellow wire I found is going into a fused connection box. And that wasn't it. All other Yellows are all RCA connectors so back to square one.

I will contact them and try again.

Dill

19. Delboyarapaho

Delboyarapaho Funster

I bought a 2015 Elegance recently from Signature Motorhomes in Wolverhamption (not a Burstner dealer). I have the waeco camera and the Zenec screen and when I got the Moho home I realised the image was reversed (what was on the left appeared on the right and vice versa). I don't know if this is what you mean by mirror image but I struggle to see any circumstance where this would be useful but....
    The guys at signature sorted it by fitting a small nmodule behind the Zenec unit. Sorry I wont be homeimage on my

20. stevec

stevec Funster

For what it's worth, during my investigation of putting two cameras down the same cable (6 pin connector) the connector diagram showed a normal video line and also an inverse video line. I can find no reference in the Waeco manual about the "direction" of the video image but there may be another tail coming from the end of the camera cable (behind the Zenec) that is not used. This will likely have a yellow phono connector.

The mirror image is useful in that it gives the same view as you would get from a rear view mirror. If it were normal video what would be on the right of the monitor would be what was on the right of the camera. As this is pointing backwards it is not intuitive. The inverse image gives what we are all used to when driving with a normal rear view mirror.