Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Ferry departs Dover on the 26th. Nov. :thumb: Could any funster suggest a place to rest my weary head on the 25th ?
I have heard mention of the Marine Parade and the Castle car park, please could some one enlighten me ! ......Stephen. :helpsos:

P.S. There will be 2 motor homes, both around the 7 metre mark !! :thanks:

Bye Bye Blighty......Bon Jour La Belle France.......:france:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:ROFLMAO:26th November, thats a whole winter away. Especially with all that anticipation you are experiencing::bigsmile: it will seem like 3 months rather than weeks :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Steve, I believe that parking on Marine Parade is free between the hours of 6pm - 8am. It is adviseable to enter Marine Parade via Wellesly Road as there are width restrictions at the far end of Marine Parade.
Brisey

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for the prompt reply Brian :thumb: I noticed a ticket machine ! any idea of the cost ? :cry:

No. It was a couple of years ago we stopped but if I can't remember it can't have been to painful if at all - it just might be daytime only payment.

Since then we've stopped in the departure car park in Calais but this year there seemed to be new plant running and the drone was so bad we took off at midnight and parked on a motorway aire ( crowded ) towards Lille.

The power of google....
http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/meter/marine_parade/bn2/brighton/

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hope you have a wonderful journey, Steve and find somewhere to park up... Give Holly a big hug from me please.:Smile:x

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Ferry departs Dover on the 26th. Nov. :thumb: Could any funster suggest a place to rest my weary head on the 25th ?
I have heard mention of the Marine Parade and the Castle car park, please could some one enlighten me ! ......Stephen. :helpsos:

P.S. There will be 2 motor homes, both around the 7 metre mark !! :thanks:

Bye Bye Blighty......Bon Jour La Belle France.......:france:

Hi,

We always park in the Carpark in the centre of Dover, it is next to the Police Station, with a little park to walk the dogs, and just a couple of minutes walk to lots of places to eat, from fish shops to an excellent Chinese.

It is well lit, seems to be patrolled and free after 6 until 8/9in the next morning. If you have a disabled badge you have 2 hours free parking.

We feel very safe here and there is plenty of room. Our van is 7.7.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back