Your very first Digital photo ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Do you still have your the very first digital photo ?

Lets see them.. :thumb:

This is mine.. Chaz age 2 .. how time flies..

Dated 2:10:2002 img 002 , must have deleted 001

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 64
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Nice one Jim:thumb:, god only knows where my first one is, the pc I had back then went caputt but I still have the hard drive somewhere, I have to dig it out :winky:

What was your first camera then??

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've got thousands of negatives, must have over 5000 35mm transparencies. Never lost one. I've lost so many digital photos over the years:Doh: my system now is bomb proof, but made so from desperation at losing stuff. I still have a few photos on floppy 5 1/4 disk and a few more on Zip disks that I shot on a Casio in 1996/7. :Eeek: Can't remember what they are, but probably pics of the kids

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Nice one Jim:thumb:, god only knows where my first one is, the pc I had back then went caputt but I still have the hard drive somewhere, I have to dig it out :winky:

What was your first camera then??

Canon Power Shot S30 .. I recall buying it at Edinburgh Airport on the way back from a business trip.. scared to tell Jan how much it cost .. :roflmto:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    38.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Taken in the Faroes 15/01/98, DSCF0001 on a Hanimex? which I gave to a charity shop last year. It was extremely slow and the subject usually had time for a coffee before the shutter went off. :ROFLMAO:

This was Mainhard (Minar), my wife's uncle in my "see you Jimmy" hat.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Canon Power Shot S30 .. I recall buying it at Edinburgh Airport on the way back from a business trip.. scared to tell Jan how much it cost .. :roflmto:

The Casio Q something took terrible photos they were only around 200k. I think I gave £500+ for it:Eeek:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
First video ..

Here is one of my first videos.. also shot with the Canon Power Shot .. nifty little camera for it's day

Chaz age 4

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lYTMU81m7c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lYTMU81m7c[/ame]

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
My 1st digital camera was a Ricoh RDC-300

0.4MP
■ Lens: f4mm(38mm on 35mm format)
■ Focus: F3.8 Fixed
■ Shutter: Electronic, 1/5-1/8,000sec.
■ Focus: Auto(TTL CCD AF)
■ ISO sensibility: Approx. 80
■ Display: 1.8" TFT LCD
■ Dimensions: 125.8 x 34 x 72.6mm/4.9 x 1.3 x 2.8in.
■ Weight: 230g (8.2oz.)

I think around 1997/1998 bought in Singapore ..

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
In the late 80's I was working (briefly) on the picture desk of a national newspaper, just at the time when the compact disc was becoming popular.
I had an Optical Media Read/Write Device on my desk that was the size of a small family car.

It was my job to take the 35mm negatives from the staff photographers, scan them and prepare the images for publication.

I hated Princess Diana.
Her dress, at least, because I spent about 8 hours trying to crop the background from a picture of her for the front page.
The Apple Macs we were using just weren't up to the job :whistle:

Later, the photographers I knew started to invest in digital backs for their Hasselblads and Nikons and I was able to borrow them for my own use, even though one cost twice as much as my car.

Some years ago, I bought a large external hard drive, 35mm film scanner and large format scanner with the intention of digitally archiving all my old stuff.

Two weeks later I dropped about 20,000 negatives in a skip and genuinely haven't missed them.

Anyone want a 35mm film/slide scanner?
Life's too short... :Smile:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
In the late 80's I was working (briefly) on the picture desk of a national newspaper, just at the time when the compact disc was becoming popular.
I had an Optical Media Read/Write Device on my desk that was the size of a small family car.

It was my job to take the 35mm negatives from the staff photographers, scan them and prepare the images for publication.

I hated Princess Diana.
Her dress, at least, because I spent about 8 hours trying to crop the background from a picture of her for the front page.

Later, the photographers I knew started to invest in digital backs for their Hasselblads and Nikons and I was able to borrow them for my own use, even though one cost twice as much as my car.

Some years ago, I bought a large external hard drive, 35mm film scanner and large format scanner with the intention of digitally archiving all my old stuff.

Two weeks later I dropped about 20,000 negatives in a skip and genuinely haven't missed them.

i was just thinking the same thing we have two large holdalls crammed with photos and 6o gig of digital rarely looked at and most could go in the bin

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland

i was just thinking the same thing we have two large holdalls crammed with photos and 6o gig of digital rarely looked at and most could go in the bin

I think that is quite sad.. if it weren't for our ancestors who kept photos we would have no idea what they looked like.. I have quite a number dating from the late 19th century .

... it's hard to preserve for ever, but if we hand on the digital images perhaps our kids will do something with them for future generations..

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

I hated Princess Diana.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
My first Digital Camera was a Logitec Fotoman. I used it to put B&W photos on CV's in the 90's. Made a few bob at £25 a pop :ROFLMAO: Been making money from Photography ever since.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
OMG will have to look on hard drive cant remember that far back and don't think i will know Watt camera i don't even know Wat camera i have now:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
my first digital camera was a Fujifilm s3000 image's were ok but god it was slow,

second one was a Pentax[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Optio S40, better but still a little slow, I still have it in a draw somewere:thumb:
[/FONT]

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Dave

It says that was the first digi camera sold:Eeek: how much did it cost??

I did a trade with a shop that had it in second hand, I think it was up for sale for £75. I traded a Pulsar 3000 light unit. I remember selling it a few years later for £75. I must have done about 100 CV's with photos on, so made a few bob with it. I remember buying a pair of Technic SL 1210 turntables and a pair of Bayer DT100 headphones with the proceeds. My son still has the headphones!

Although I dont have any of the pics I took now, I have a 1TB NAS with about 60000 pics on it in compressed folders going back about 14 years.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back