Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
In your opinion what is a fair deal for both parties?

Obviously the dealer needs to cover profit, costs and any unforeseen future costs. The buyer needs to buy at a reasonable price. So say for the sake of arguing we use two vehicles at a given price taken from an average of vehicles sold. This then gives a fair reflection of the two example vehicles.

The idea is to get an average, not to have either parties receive or give ridiculous amounts.

So the dealers vehicle is selling on average between £38,000 to £40,000.

The sellers vehicle is selling on average between£34,000 to £36,000.

So what should be the cost to change in your opinion? This is a question that needs no disclosure of what the vehicles are in either case, as that should make no difference to either parties sale.

There is a low difference between both vehicles but again that should not effect the cost to change.

What are your thoughts?

£4 to £6 thousand or what?

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
In my recent experience... The difference will be about 12-14k to change to 40k van.

My van regular selling £37k on dealer forecourt.

Van I looked at 41k

Price quoted px 28k :Eeek:

Action taken ......bye bye

I'm glad I opted to sell private, I had someone very interested at a tad under my asking price but opted to keep the Bessie instead. Doing it the private way round would of only cost me 5k for a better van than the dealer was offering ,

Tbh I could not be assed

Good luck though sand j spanking the dealer is a hard job right now

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I have had the same experience over the years Paul forget about trying to leave the toys on and getting even a fraction of an allowance for them

The reason for asking is to establish what is a fair deal for both.

I could add that this is a real life situation and it will be revealed later, the dealers vehicle has a limited market A class (not Hymer) and the sellers is a much sought (and sold) fixed bed.

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Pros and cons for both really.

You can save on a private deal, like you say a three or four grand. Providing you set this aside for repairs, you could even replicate a warranty of sorts, which you wouldn't get with a private. As long as you research thoroughly the prices, you can get a good deal. Though many want way over the top. There are some bonuses, you often get a bit of kit thrown in and they may have even roughly washed it.

Other than that - you pay your money, take your choice and are on your own.

Buy from a dealer and you will have a warranty of around 2 or 3 years. That can cover repairs and recovery (sometimes away from home) though they do have good and bad reputations, it can offer peace of mind. Sometimes it gets a good clean (never to my standards though!) You will pay a lot more for this however as usually dealers like to see somewhere around 10k to pay for it's keep etc. But it would give most people peace of mind, a professional demo and knowing it has been HPI checked, serviced etc

More importantly, even if does turn out to be a lemon, you have someone to shout at and return it to with a deep frown.

As with all things in life, it is swings and roundabouts and depends what you prefer, self controlled risk or peace of mind and trust in a warranty provider. You can get some great deals private - I have a customers vehicle that still has a top whack warranty with over 2 years remaining, which gives the best of both worlds - so the exceptions are out there!

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I think I will start talking about drains and grey matter to get a response:Eeek:
Thanks for your input you two but what's the point :Doh:

There are some excellent dealers out there that do give a fair trade in but that seems to be not needed. Danum in Askern gave the best by far so well done Peter, Broken Link Removed
as to the others :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back