Your thoughts please (1 Viewer)

C

Castillaman

Deleted User
After 20 years in Southern Spain, I am returning to UK via a long tour of Europe in a camper which I am about to purchase. I am looking at dealers in UK, Auto Trader and other locations to find the right vehicle. The big question I cannot answer is; Should I buy Left Hand Drive to be easier and better while in Europe or Right Hand Drive for the same advantages while in UK where I will keep the vehicle for further touring of UK in the future? Your thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you.

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
If you say returning to the uk im guessing your planning on staying here, whilst the left hand drive will be great for your europe trip on the return I would think the right hand drive will be beneficial since it will be better for the uk use when you have returned and when trying to sell it or partexchange it you will probably get a better deal, presuming your going to keep it for a while an older van may not be used so much for Europe.

Just my thoughts but hey.

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Having owned both LHD and RHD when it comes to selling I don't think it makes much difference to the value. What ever you own when selling, if its to a dealer then it's not quite right to acheive it's full value. Colour, mileage, year etc etc, of course when its being sold to you, all these things are plus points :ROFLMAO:

In fact I am informed by a couple of dealers, European Left hookers are being sold for export have a look at www.mobile.de.

IMHO don't worry about LHD or RHD try to get the layout that suits you, anyway you will buy three before finding the one that almost fits the bill. I would visit one of the larger motorhome shows, theres second hand as well as new vans for sale.

Best of luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
After 20 years in Southern Spain, I am returning to UK via a long tour of Europe in a camper which I am about to purchase. I am looking at dealers in UK, Auto Trader and other locations to find the right vehicle. The big question I cannot answer is; Should I buy Left Hand Drive to be easier and better while in Europe or Right Hand Drive for the same advantages while in UK where I will keep the vehicle for further touring of UK in the future? Your thoughts would be most welcome. Thank you.

To be honest it is six of one and half a dozen of another, if your looking to purchase in the UK check our website for offerings:thumb:
(We give 5 years free habitation services on all new and preowned MH's)

The problem you will have is that you are in Spain and depends on when you will be back in order to complete any deal wherever you decide to purchase.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back