Your Signature

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by yodeli, Sep 8, 2015.

1. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

I'm learning a lot through the little texts you put in your signatures.
    I certainly learn many more English colloquial expressions that way, but I also learn a little bit of the funsters who give away a bit of themselves by delivering some sort of philosophical message.
    Quite a few are motorhome related, others are just part of your way of thinking or acting in your everyday life.

Mine comes from the Saint Exupery's book "The Little Prince" , and the translation (What is essential is not visible with the eye, one sees clearly only with the heart) sounds a bit like a Shakespeare's sentence coming from his"Midsummer Night'sDream" Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind".

I've chosen it because when I was 15 years old , I happened to judge someone without knowing her. She was a youngster, and she was walking in a very royal way. I thought she was far too posh for me. But I finally met her, and found out how wrong I was. Since then, I really try to never judge anyone without having actually spent some time with that person!

What part of your life made you choose yours, and if you haven't any yet, which one would match best with your personality?

• Like Like x 5
  2. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Mine says: Worry is interest paid on trouble before it falls due.
    I used to be a project manager and as such liked to plan everything, make copious lists and spreadsheets and be prepared for any eventuality. When we first got a motorhome we knew nothing so all I did was worry about what could go wrong and spent hours on this forum reading about other peoples problems. Our first trip within a few weeks of getting our first motorhome was to drive to Crete! To say I was nervous and worried was an understatement. As it turned out the only thing that went wrong was that the oven door fell off (I hadn't prepared for this eventuality) and we had a fabulous trip. I don't worry (so much) any more. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Mine let's you know how rich I am, and is an advert for books I've written. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. JohnH

JohnH Funster

I guess it would be: "Carpe Diem". I spent many years planning for the "rainy day". Probably spent more time planning than doing, as I get older mortality is becoming more relevant so I now spend each day enjoying it to the best of my ability.

• Like Like x 1
  5. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Mine say's you can look at some fantastic views but if you can't share it with those you love, then in my mine it is wasted but if you can then it is enhanced. (y)

• Like Like x 4
  6. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

I can't claim 'ownership' of mine.
    It was given to me by by Son No.2.
    Don't know where he got it from. Yes I know I could Google it.

Late entry.

Where's my Signature gone???

• Like Like x 2
  7. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I've got them switched off, maybe I'll switch them back on for a read after this thanks Frankie

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dazzlin

Dazzlin Funster Life Member

Mine is "Why not" which I reckon sums up a lot of peoples thinking when they reach a certain age.

We are lucky, after working hard, to be able to enjoy that train of thought earlier in life than expected.

• Like Like x 3
  9. busby

busby Funster

Worry is like a ROCKING HORSE,,it gives you something to do BUT gets you nowhere,,,,,,,BUSBY.:):):)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Popeye

Popeye Funster

.....................Ain't no pockets in a shroud........Was what my Father always said to my thrifty Mother and I remind myself of it often.

............................Often, the journey is as rewarding as the destination......... This is my life; I wouldn't change a thing

....................................Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.......and this is for all those who advise or tell another how something should be done, don't make the same mistakes that I made sort of advice but so much about judgement needs to be experienced and in experiencing anything, mistakes will be made just make sure you learn from them.

Thanks Frankie, you just perked up my day..........

• Like Like x 3
  11. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

Mine came from a Ukulele forum and summed up how I feel about enjoying ukulele while not being very good. :LOL:
    They are all self explanatory really. 2nd one is a Wiccan thing about the shortness of our lives and there being so much to learn during them.
    3rd is a cynical look at me.:)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  12. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Mine is simply a play on the Old Audi Advert - Vorsprung duck technique...........

David
    Dux Deluxe

Half baked Duck Tactics, as the Germans say

• Like Like x 3
  13. davanne

davanne Funster

Mine came about after my late husband died .....it was a quote shown to me and was very apt at the time for me...it was a difficult time and I wasn't sure if I could carry on with the motorhome but I tried it was very hard at first but it got easier.
    Through losing David I realised that life is precious and you should live every day because none of us are promised a tomorrow and that is the second part of my signature.
    Since then I have met a wonderful man Max who I now share my life with and my life is good again.

• Like Like x 6
  14. The Dude

The Dude Funster

No matter how many mistakes you make
    Or how slow you progress
    You are still way ahead of everyone who isn't even trying.

I really like your first one. It makes me think of all the people who tell us how lucky we are to live the life we have, when in fact there's only a small element of luck, the rest has been taking a risk and working bloomin' hard.

• Like Like x 4
  15. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

A tad puzzled with this one . Must be hiding some double meaning I know nothing about! Can you explain please?

• Like Like x 1
  16. MikeandCarolyn

Vorsprung durch teknik -is the Audi slogan -advancement through technology.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Mine makes the point without the bad times how would you appreciate the good times?

You cannot have a rainbow without rain!!!

• Like Like x 4
  18. MikeandCarolyn

I can't explain it-dux deluxe will have to do that :) It's to do with the sound of the phrase,I just can't think of a name for that particular humour,it's very British.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer Funster

Now back in Sarfend for a couple of months.
    We are but creatures on this planet - evolved, not created and, like all other creatures, when we die - that's it so don't waste a moment of your precious time here.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Yes ....... English humour. Just a play on words, really. Not helped by the deliberate misquote in the explanation, either

My Russian (ex) boss never quite got English humour either. Or indeed any humour at all...........

• Like Like x 2