Your Motorhome Dealer. Good, Poor, Terrible?

Discussion in 'Forum News and Announcements' started by Jim, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I have uploaded 75 dealers to a new dealer review section. :phew: Hopefully this will become a valuable resource when funsters are looking to buy. I also want to include service engineers on the list, so if you know a good one that is not there do let me know.

It's taken me ages to enter the detail, so please do make it worthwhile by taking a minute to rate your dealer. Thanks.

I am sure that there are dealers I have missed; if your dealer is not there then please click on the "Add a Dealer" button top right and I will add them. (but not today, I'm sick of the sight of it:Smile:)

This resource will only be any good if we add lots of reviews, please pop over there now thanks :thumb: Motorhome Dealer Reviews

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 14
  2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Brilliant bit of work Jim :thumb:

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  3. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

A very useful addition to the forum and I am sure this will help funsters in the future thank you Jim:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. lesleyjean

lesleyjean Funster

5. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

It's a good resource to look around the dealers and their stock as well:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. aba

aba

the most important thing is missing from the ratings.
    the after sales care rating

• Like Like x 6
  7. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Now then Biggles? 25%?

8. John and Cheryl

John and Cheryl Read Only Funster

Brilliant bit of work Jim, makes me glad I just paid my subs:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

This also gets my vote big time :thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  10. GeraldandAnnie

GeraldandAnnie Read Only Funster

Well done, Jim. Excellent idea. Incoming from me :Rofl1:

Gerald

11. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

Good idea, would have helped me earlier this year when looking for my first vehicle...btw "North Western Caravans" of Cheadle Hulme, Stockport is not quoted - they have a website of sorts. I love my 6yr old Benimar A Top 7000 I purchased from them, but did this did not come without a huge and unnecessary amount of stress at the time - I would gladly attach a health-warning to this firm should you wish to update them on your survey. Perhaps they would take heed and sort themselves out to save anyone else the grief....keep up the good work!:thumb:

12. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

From our experience I wouldnt touch most motorhome dealers with a barge pole let a lone a tazer or stun gun

however I have found Johns Cross Motorhomes to be the most honest of those I have had dealings with

13. Nethernut

Nethernut Read Only Funster

Our dealer, Perthshire Caravans is not listed. We have been very happy with both the PDI and aftersales care we have received from them.

14. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Jim is their any motor home caravan parts dealers list for us older van users owners and converters or is it just for the new van owners

15. The wizened of OZ

The wizened of OZ Funster

16. cudleydudley

cudleydudley Read Only Funster

ring cudleydudley about CRANHAMS before buying

CRANHAM motorhomes on the A127 on 1 complaint = 4 x 50 mile round trips 7 months and still not fixed. [i will tell you more]
    george:Sad::cry::Doh:

17. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

put a review on the dealer review site, Craham are listed

http://www.motorhome-dealer-reviews.com/category/newused/

18. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

This is excellent but as someone else said it really needs after care service adding. We were reasonably happy with our supplier at the time of sale but much less so after the first service.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dougn

dougn Read Only Funster

My wife's thoughts on our motorhome purchase experience

It all started when we saw the Burstner IXEO Time at the Warner event in August last year, it was just what we were looking for a Pandora's box if ever we had seen one!
    Tried see if we could order one close to home but no luck, we ordered it from further than we wanted to go but it was the only way we could get the van in 2012.
    September went and nearly all of October, it arrived towards the end of the month in fact we were away for a week at the beginning of November, this gave the company a good 3 weeks to prepare the van.
    Off we go to collect the van on Monday 12 November, we had been given to believe there was a proper place to stay at the suppliers in the van so we could travel back the next day, it turned out it was at the rear of the garage in the lock up!
    On arrival we see the van around the side of the showroom, looking through the side window of the showroom we notice there is no TV aerial fitted, we wait nearly an hour before the van is prepared for us to start the hand over which is conducted but a very nice guy who unfortunately knew less than us about the van (not a good start)
    Now the 'fun' starts where is the aerial we ask? We will fit you one (keeping in mind they have had 3 weeks to do just that! )
    Where are the mats? They don't come with mats we are told, I asked when we ordered if they did and I was told there would be some, we will get some made it will cost you £60 extra, we pay as we just want to get sorted, frustration is starting to set in!
    Why can we only see the ground in the rear view cameras? Oh they must be set wrong we will sort it. (keeping in mind they have had 3 weeks to do just that ! )
    Where is the registration for the van? it has trade plates ! Oh we don't have it back yet we will send it on to you once we get it.
    In the van we traded in we had the Alugas system fitted and that should have been changed over to the new van, you guessed it, it was not done! (keeping in mind they have had 3 weeks to do just that ! )
    Time is getting on now and we need somewhere to stay for the night, we are booked into a site and have to find it in the pouring rain and pitch black, we eventually find the site, not happy bunnies by this time.
    Next day we are back at the garage waiting for things to be sorted out, this took all day the cameras not right by 4.30pm so we went saying we would get them sorted, really not happy at this stage never had such a bad experience collecting a new van.
    Home about 2 hours later, time to take stock, booked a site to try out the van in a couple of weeks, had to cancel that as the reg is still not back. Now into December no reg and no mats!
    At last reg is here we can get away at Christmas as planned, guess what we have a gas leak great this is really annoying, fed up so go locally when we get home as we want it done correctly.
    So now we at long last receive the carpets great! Don’t get to excited my hubby tells me go and have a look, yea you guessed it they are for the wrong model! Have to laugh don't you it is like a comedy of errors! Never mind a few weeks and the correct ones arrive, they only replaced the habitation areas as the cabs are the same and fitted, but, they are a different colour to the cab mats here we go again can't believe this, on the phone again, new mat correct colour arrives a week later. Now we have to go to PO and post back the mats we don't need.

Would we go there again NO!!
    Moral of this is check out the supplier before ordering read reviews ask people make sure you can trust your supplier.

Been there got the T- Shirt Hope you have better luck

• Like Like x 1
  20. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Itchy feet are no longer in Cornwall, Jim - I think they are in Northampton now.:thumb: