Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
as we still have Connie in the family, we are a little undecided on decaling - the originals are a little faded now and showing some little tears.

Do we invest and have new decals made up to put it back to its former glory? (££££)
OR
Do we remove them and have the body re-done to remove fading, where the decals once were.
I have to say after playing with the photo I sort of like the 'au natural' naked look - please no comments on my 'paint programme' expertise.:Angry:

Below are two photos of her - which would you say is the nicest, or which would you prefer if money was no object,,,,,,,, (which it is by the way):roflmto:

As she is today.
OR all naked - like.:roflmto:

Fill your boots, let me know your thoughts - I am genuinely after some 'constructive' advice.
Ta, muchly

Trikeman. :winky:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
To be quite honest I think both pictures look good.

Decals I think are a matter of taste or preference. If you were to take off the old ones, why not put on something different so that it makes your motorhome stand out from others?

It could also be a deterrent to would be thieves.

You could get some "go faster" stripes or "flames" or something else that is just a little wider than the current decal tape which would mean you just take the old off and put the new over the top without any tell tale lines from the old ones

I know you are looking for expert advice however I am no expert but hope this gives you food for thought

Looking forward to see an updated photo when you have made your decision.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'd try and source some decals to closely match the original:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
As a matter of personal taste, I prefer "decaled" in preference to "naked"

Brisey.

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Thanks all so far - like the bit about theft deterrent, never thought about that. :thumb: - "It's a big white motorhome Mr plod with huge flames down the side", yeah, that would give Mr Plod something easier to look for then,,,, or maybe some scroat in a layby somewhere tangled up in sticky tape.:ROFLMAO:

Please keep your suggestions, thoughts and recommendations coming - should have put voting buttons on, but alas getting this damn laptop fired up is about the best I can do. :roflmto:

Thanks again,

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
"decaled" OR" naked" looks good and would keep everyone guessing ! ::bigsmile:

And a lot less expensive decals aren't cheap but if you go that route Try Charles and son of Poole have used them in the past they have/had loads of stuff from vans of yesterday ,whatever way van looks a good un

http://www.charlesandson.co.uk/index.htm

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I prefer it with the stickers on too. New ones would make it look very smart.
We replaced the ones on our Luton as they had faded. We chose the new ci logo. Even though the new models werent even out for sale yet.
I went to a local print shop and told them the size. They checked that they had the right colour and sizing before going ahead , and we were very pleased with the result.
It wasn't expensive. Why don't you try a poster print shop before you spend as you say ££££'s on the official ones.
We thought about copyright , but not long:ROFLMAO:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Broken Link Removed

Brrrr
This is the new ci logo we had done. Its just like the ones on the new 2014 models.
Link Removed This is the old style one, like our faded version.

Last edited:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Half and half for me. I like the cab being plain white, but I would defo do something original with the accommodation bit. You could get something designed and fitted by one of the 'car wrap' firms. It isn't that expensive. We had our Spottycatz Road Trip decal done by one of these businesses and it gives us a bit of individuality. :Smile:

Attachments

• March-April 2013 081.jpg
    March-April 2013 081.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 10

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
To decal or not to decal.....

Of the two pics I personally prefer the one without the original decals.

To my eye the original decals are what date the vehicle, so if you do replace them, I'd suggest some more modern ones to lift the look a little.

I would understand however if you felt that to replace the original ones would be keeping it original, keeping the classic looks etc, like wot vintage car folks do. (is that me backing it both ways? Sorry if that doesn't help!)

Simon

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
If you are looking for someone to do a paint job then I can recommend funster joner8888 he is just outside Bridgewater and has done a good job for me in the past.

Lunarman

OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
If you are looking for someone to do a paint job then I can recommend funster joner8888 he is just outside Bridgewater and has done a good job for me in the past.

Lunarman

Hi Lunarman,
thanks for that, we're not too far from Bridgewater and will bare that in mind. The paint/bodywork is really good, considering her age, but these faded and slightly peeling decals are driving me mad here. They are one of my many nightmares, for some reason. :roflmto:

And I quote the Wife - "there's all these things going on in the world and there's you running round panicking about your bloody decals"
She has a point.......:Doh:

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Regards,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back