Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
I'm a newbie
I was just wondering. I call Iris a motorhome but in actual fact she is a bus with some of the seats taken out which I will be treating more as a solid walled tent on wheels for a while.
Whereas I will gradually turn her into what folk mostly think of when they hear the word motorhome, I bought her because I wanted a vehicle large enough to carry my dogs and birds as well as myself. I doubt the average van is kitted out as a travelling menagerie!
I suppose I am just wondering what you all consider essential to your comfort in your vans. I don't mean DVLA definitions but what you need yourselves before you take your vehicles on holiday.
Up until now, mine has been kitted out with curtains.:ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome, for me the basics are bed/ sink / two burner ring / and a toilet, but its what you feel you want to make life comfortable :Smile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Don't need a cassette loo Carol, we can manage with the porta-potti, if not a bucket as long as there's somewhere to chuck it! Or a hedge behind the tent, when motorbike camping. A petrol stove (syphon it out of the bike tank) something to boil water and cook in, 2 knives forks and spoons, two plates and dishes, a torch, an airbed and a couple of sleeping bags.

Sheer luxury if you can stand up in your holiday accommodation!

Seriously, other than the obvious things mentioned by Carol, and stuff you'd have anyway such as pots pans crockery cutlery and utensils - chair(s) and a table you can use outside the van are pretty essential. Wouldn't ever leave home on hols of any kind without something to read and a pack of playing cards. Levelling ramps, can't stand being (much) up or downhill and finding myself running along the thing. And some fridges don't work properly unless they are pretty level, so that's important if you don't want food to go off.

TVs aren't essential for life to continue, neither are hairdriers or straighteners or whatever, but apparently make life more pleasant for some people.

A gas spanner!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back