Your camping chair of choice? (1 Viewer)

keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
Been looking at camping chairs (last thing to get before our first trip) what do you rest your bum on and how do you rate it? Like the look and feel of those moon chairs so far :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we have a couple of lafumas very comfy but no good at the table, and a couple of aluminium framed directors chairs with pop up side tables which serve most purposes

tried the moon chairs but found them awkward to get out of and far too low by a table

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Never fancied moon chairs because we thought they would be difficult to pack.

Many chairs can be a bit uncomfortable for long legged people as the seat is a bit short and digs into the back of the legs.

We used director chairs for some years but found them a bit bum numbing when used for extended periods. We recently decided to join the "posh set" and bought some Lafuma Elips Recliners which are very comfortable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have tried em all over the years and although I liked my Lafuma for lounging it was no good for sitting at the table. I settled for Dukdalf alloy chairs with the footstool extension that slides under the chair. The best allrounder I have ever seen. They are not cheap, but have lasted years unlike the Lafuma which I had to keep buying new bungies for.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Have tried em all over the years and although I liked my Lafuma for lounging it was no good for sitting at the table. I settled for Dukdalf alloy chairs with the footstool extension that slides under the chair. The best allrounder I have ever seen. They are not cheap, but have lasted years unlike the Lafuma which I had to keep buying new bungies for.

Lafuma for lounging, but not cheap or light !!!

Funny that. Our Lafumas don't have bungies and are very light. Is the Elips a new model of chair?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
the zero gravity chairs in page 3 of peters link are a copy of the lafuma rsx

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Are any of them heavy duty enough to cope with a 6ft3" 20 stone lump ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Are any of them heavy duty enough to cope with a 6ft3" 20 stone lump ?

Here you go, big enough for a bit of comfort and takes more weight than the majority of others
Link Removed

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Lafumas for lounging and alloy directors chairs for outside dining.
No wonder we have a six berth van for two of us.:ROFLMAO:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Like most of the above we have had Lafuma recliners for years - love them but they are heavy.

We also have aluminium framed Lafuma chairs for sitting at the table.

We luckily have the room and the weight capacity to carry both. ::bigsmile:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I bought a pair of Coleman Sling chairs, super comfortable, you can sit up to the table or slouch back to kip in them, I use a couple of folding canvas stools for foot rests and napping is never far away, the chairs fold down to nothing and fit into very well made bags:thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We have Lafuma chairs and use them for lounging and al fresco dining. One has a footrest but I cant remember the last time Mrs Colpot used it.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Yes we too have Lafuma recliners for relaxing, bought many differenct sorts and spent a fortune along the way to finally end up with these. Also same as The Big 1 we have the aluminium tubular chairs with thr drop down side table for eating at the table outside.

just remember, you get what you pay for!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We have the Lafuma chairs not loungers, that can be used at the table and also for relaxing as the backs go back and we use a food stool to put our feet on.

The reason we choose Lafuma was they were about the lightest we could find, our quibble has been that the seat stitching came undone twice and we have had to renew them , Lafuma supplied them once, but we had the same problem so got the done at a seat repairers and they have been good ever since, you also need to keep a eye on the screws, considering the price, can not say we have been entirely happy but they are light and comfortable.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Our choice is a pair of Quest Admirals - bought two for one deal at Shepton show last year. To many times have I fallen asleep in them, really nice high back and comfortable, light enough to take anywhere too.
Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We had the cheapo collapsible chairs to start with and then found out the hard way that they did exactly that during a fairly robust barbeque with our sailing colleagues - so tehy went in the bin and we got some very nice Lafuma chairs which are quite light, compact and very well made, even if somewhat pricey. I would love to get a matching footstool for Mrs Deluxe to rest her weary legs after a dog walk but they don't seem to do them in green.

Got ours from Go Outdoors when they were on offer but Riversway leisure also frequently have offers as well. I am sure that they do an XL version for more comfort for larger people as well :winky: Hope that helps

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Choice of chairs

I'd like to thank Snowbird for pointing me in the direction of Dukdalf. We have used all sorts, but for the past 4 years have managed with a cheaper, but much heavier, version of the Lafuma chairs, which I bought when the Northern Motorhome show was last at Pickering. They have lasted well (better in fact than our friends' proper Lafumas) and were half the price, but they are heavy and you not ice this most when trying to shuffle them up to the camping table! From now on they will stay at home in the garden. Time to go Duk hunting; as far as I can tell, Amazon seems as cheap as anyone.

Gary ::bigsmile:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Lafuma here as well. Ultra light recliners which are very comfortable but weren't cheap. We got the Champ'elips in XL size that has an adjustable headrest.

Still my first Lafuma that I bought in 1987 in the loft !

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Dukdalf

Most of the people we saw during our 10 weeks in Spain were using Dukdalf's and after having a sit in them I think they are the ones we will buy.. They are very light and recline almost fully, but also not cheap,but Fleabay do them now and they will support up to 135 Kilos
Surely that is enough !!!!!!!!! Mitch.. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back