Your Brittany favourites please..... (1 Viewer)

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
One of the last areas of France for me to explore is Brittany, for some reason I never seem to have progressed further west than St Malo, and always preferring to head for Nantes in the headlong rush for warmer weather further south.

So this year we are taking the Portsmouth-Cherbourg crossing, and hoping to keep predominantly to the coastline as most of the research I have done so far seems to offer very little inland in terms of sights to visit. Perhaps you know different.....

Please let me know of any of your particular favourites in the area (St Malo round to Vannes), be they aires; campsites; sights; sounds; smells etc etc.

Many thanks in advance

Deleted User
Don't finish at Vannes, refer to recent post re Southern Brittany .Personally I haven't found anywhere in coastal Brittany that I don't like but a few favourites would be the area around Perros Guireec ( Cote de Granit Rose), Brignogan Plage, Presqu'ile de Crozon,the area around Pont Aven. Lots of others, it's a big coast.If like me you are old enough to remember the film 'The Vikings' with Burt Lancaster and Tony Curtis, the rooftop fight scene was filmed at Fort la Latte on the coast between Erquy and St Cast le Guildo. Worth a visit.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We had a few Eurocamp holidays there when the kids were little, Carnac, La Roche Percee. Just lovely beach holidays, I don't recall anything more exciting than standing stones.

If you want to save fuel, go to Wales, I have similar mental pictures of both. Well, give or take torrential rain.

When we got more adventurous we ended up at Rocamadour, now that was spectacular.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It is a great coast with lots of great aires, and well worth exploring .. have a look at my Google map in sig link for a few we visited ..

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , We went a few years ago Rose granite coast fabulous, plenty of aires also ile de brehat worth a visit no vehicles but nice little island. Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back