Your Best Remoska Recipe?

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by reckless, Jun 29, 2015.

1. reckless

reckless Funster

I bought a standard Remoska from the Czech site, great price and arrived very quickly. It doesn't come with a recipe book but I've cooked several things now (at home) with mixed results. Made a lovely banana cake yesterday which rose so quickly it burned on the element in the lid (just sliced off the burnt bit). So foil or silicon will be used to prevent this.
    I got to thinking it would be very helpful for experienced Remoska owners to share their fave recipe with us newbies?
    Karen

2. denisejoe

denisejoe Funster Life Member

If you go to the Lakeland website and type in "Remoska recipes" in the search box it comes up with quite a few recipes. Perhaps some of those might be useful to you; or you could buy the Remoska recipe book!

Denise

3. reckless

reckless Funster

Thanks Denise, I've done both of those (got the book for a couple of pounds) :) also other web searches but I'm interested to know what sort of things fellow funsters may enjoy cooking while they're away
    Karen

4. Eeyore

Eeyore Read Only Funster

Fry a box of bacon lardons or the local equivalent, draining off fat if necessary. Add some chopped shallots or a chooped onion and soften them. Add some sliced or diced uncooked potatoes ( washed but no need to peel) and some sliced leeks and cook for a little longer, until the potatoes are soft.

Pour over a carton of creme fraiche, mixed, if you like with a teaspoonful of Dijon mustard and then, again an option, either top with grated cheese or put a few slices of cheese on top and the lid back on until the cheese has melted and the mixture is bubbling. Serve with crusty bread.

We call it Poirreaux Dijonnaise because I first made it at the Dijon municipal campsite. It is very tasty and smells wonderful. One pot only so easy to wash up after.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Granjan

Granjan Funster

Not really a recipe but my family love remoska pizza's, we buy lots of ready made bases, put on home made pizza base sauce (onions, garlic, tin of tomatoes, a few sundried tomatoes / tom puree reduced down and blitzed) then we take it in turns to make our favourite pizzas. Love olives, tuna, sweetcorn and capers on mine! Adult kids think they are great for a sat night watching sport on Tv with a few bottles of beer or wine. Sacla chilli pesto is good too as is green mojo sauce! Great on hol too when you have lots of bits and pieces left in fridge. Just put a brush of oil in bottom and you get nice crispy bases.

• Like Like x 2
  6. scotzsue

scotzsue Funster

2 duck breasts scored and some skin and fat removed (you need to leave a fair bit)
    potatoes roast potato size
    carrots sliced
    leeks or onions
    Put tiny amount of oil in base and switch on, when really hot add potatoes and season, cook for 20 minutes give a shake half way remoska that is, add carrots and leeks for about another 15 minutes put metal rack in and place duck breasts on skin side up cook for about 20 minutes till skin crispy and duck is cooked. Not very healthy but tastes yummy.

7. Eeyore

Eeyore Read Only Funster

Karen...please can you put up a link to the site ? I can' t find it.

My Remoska is beginning to falter and I' d like to retire it to home use and get a new one for use in the van.

8. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I've never cooked with ours as hubby does it all but he don't half do an absolutely lovely roast beef joint ... so tender and tasty ... absolutely gorgeous.

• Like Like x 1
  9. reckless

reckless Funster

Eeyore, link from @DBK as below........very good price, be sure to order an adaptor

Karen

10. Eeyore

Eeyore Read Only Funster

Many thanks Karen. Will get onto it in the morning.