Your Best Remoska Recipe? (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
I bought a standard Remoska from the Czech site, great price and arrived very quickly. It doesn't come with a recipe book but I've cooked several things now (at home) with mixed results. Made a lovely banana cake yesterday which rose so quickly it burned on the element in the lid (just sliced off the burnt bit). So foil or silicon will be used to prevent this.
I got to thinking it would be very helpful for experienced Remoska owners to share their fave recipe with us newbies?
Karen

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If you go to the Lakeland website and type in "Remoska recipes" in the search box it comes up with quite a few recipes. Perhaps some of those might be useful to you; or you could buy the Remoska recipe book!

Denise

OP
OP
reckless
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Denise, I've done both of those (got the book for a couple of pounds) :) also other web searches but I'm interested to know what sort of things fellow funsters may enjoy cooking while they're away
Karen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Fry a box of bacon lardons or the local equivalent, draining off fat if necessary. Add some chopped shallots or a chooped onion and soften them. Add some sliced or diced uncooked potatoes ( washed but no need to peel) and some sliced leeks and cook for a little longer, until the potatoes are soft.

Pour over a carton of creme fraiche, mixed, if you like with a teaspoonful of Dijon mustard and then, again an option, either top with grated cheese or put a few slices of cheese on top and the lid back on until the cheese has melted and the mixture is bubbling. Serve with crusty bread.

We call it Poirreaux Dijonnaise because I first made it at the Dijon municipal campsite. It is very tasty and smells wonderful. One pot only so easy to wash up after.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Not really a recipe but my family love remoska pizza's, we buy lots of ready made bases, put on home made pizza base sauce (onions, garlic, tin of tomatoes, a few sundried tomatoes / tom puree reduced down and blitzed) then we take it in turns to make our favourite pizzas. Love olives, tuna, sweetcorn and capers on mine! Adult kids think they are great for a sat night watching sport on Tv with a few bottles of beer or wine. Sacla chilli pesto is good too as is green mojo sauce! Great on hol too when you have lots of bits and pieces left in fridge. Just put a brush of oil in bottom and you get nice crispy bases.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
2 duck breasts scored and some skin and fat removed (you need to leave a fair bit)
potatoes roast potato size
carrots sliced
leeks or onions
Put tiny amount of oil in base and switch on, when really hot add potatoes and season, cook for 20 minutes give a shake half way remoska that is, add carrots and leeks for about another 15 minutes put metal rack in and place duck breasts on skin side up cook for about 20 minutes till skin crispy and duck is cooked. Not very healthy but tastes yummy.

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
I bought a standard Remoska from the Czech site, great price and arrived very quickly.
Karen

Karen...please can you put up a link to the site ? I can' t find it.

My Remoska is beginning to falter and I' d like to retire it to home use and get a new one for use in the van.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've never cooked with ours as hubby does it all but he don't half do an absolutely lovely roast beef joint ... so tender and tasty ... absolutely gorgeous.

OP
OP
reckless
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Eeyore, link from @DBK as below........very good price, be sure to order an adaptor

Karen

Just been told you can get a Remorska much cheaper than Lakeland here: Broken Link Removed

Someone I know has one and says they are selling the new model which does not have a glass window in the lid.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Anyone got any advice on size - is the 2l big enough for 2px? Also is the Teflon version worth the extra?

Jul 7, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
We got a small one from Alza last year and it did the job but we’ve just bought a Grand Teflon one as it was on sale and gives us a bit more space.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Anyone got any advice on size - is the 2l big enough for 2px? Also is the Teflon version worth the extra?

The 2L is fine for two and definitely Teflon, didn’t know there was any other!

Mixed root veg and Courgette cut into pieces in bottom of Remoska, chicken thighs on top, cook for about 60 mins, remove veg & chicken & thicken juices with gravy Granules.
Very easy meal for two!

Jacket potatoes-wash, prick, oil, cook for 60-80 mins-depends on size.
All cakes but cover with disc of foil when brown enough to prevent burning! I use a spring-form cake tin inside my Remoska.
There are ‘user recipes’ on line, google Remoska.
There has been a lot of threads on here over time regarding Remoska and recipes!

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Convinced! Ordered the 2l with glass window iin lid. Couldn't find Spain as a delivery option on Alza but got it for €110 Inc delivery from amazon.es.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Decided to try for Roasted/Jacket potatoes?

Washed 3 medium sized potatoes (about the size of a duck egg)
Cut them into quarters.
Placed in Remoska with a knob of butter about the size of my thumb and a good pinch of salt.
Let pan heat through and give the pan a toss around to coat the potatoes.
Let them cook for 30 min or so until cooked, mixing them around a couple of times.
Lovely but bl***y hot.

20190801_183108.jpg

Just about to add a sliced courgette to the pan while I cook the steaks.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Remoska Ribs
Small rack of pork ribs (1.3kg for €5.30 in Mercadona). Cut up rack into individual ribs. Boil for 45mins in water with chicken stock cube or a carrot, onion bit of celery etc. Take out, drain and place in remoska. Make marinade with 4 tablespoons bbq sauce (eg Chovi, or any brown bbq sauce) 2 tablespoons honey, 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce, 3 tablespoons dry sherry, 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup, pinch chilli flakes (we use birds eyes), few grinds of black pepper. Pour over ribs and cook for 50 mins in remoska turning once or twice after half an hour or so.
20190822_175350.jpg

ruFINA

Free Member
Sep 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
not yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Burgo
a very good recipe, and your photo is generally delicious

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Chicken with potatoes, parsnips and carrots. Veg cooked after soaking in honey and grainy mustard.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 81

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Don't know anything about these remoska cookers so can someone please tell me the difference between these and a king pressure cooker
Thanks

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
If a King pressure cooker is like an ordinary pressure cooker then there’s no comparison. The Remoska is a mini oven. The lid contains an electric element which cooks the food by making the interior like an oven. No temperature controls , either on or off but you can use silicon or tin foil in it if you don’t want too much browning. Cooks quickly not like a slow cooker. Good for roasting, baked potatoes etc. Even grills bacon. I have one in house and one in van, love them.

Sep 13, 2017
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Rapido Fiat MWB
Had one for twenty years use in the house now bought new one for van last year couldn’t live without them.
Brilliant I think I’ve had ago at cooking everything at one time or another chicken,meat,fish,scones and cakes all cooked to perfection

Apr 7, 2013
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
VWT5
Exp
I'm a newbie
Does anyone know if you can put the teflon pan on the gas for a short while to say brown onions before adding other ingredients and using it in oven mode?

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
See the section in the manual entitled "Pan with handles".
Regardless, the onions will brown nicely in it using as it's designed to be used. Then just lob in the other ingredients. Ours is actually just doing an onion, green pepper and a couple of bulbs of garlic at this very moment.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to use the pan on the hob to brown meat, but make sure it’s not too hot and don’t leave it empty!
You can roast a small to medium whole chicken in the 2L. and any other joint of meat.
I also do Toad in the Hole-
cook sausages, don’t need to be brown, lift out pour in batter mix (I use 56g flour, one egg and milk to mix) place sausages back in, lid on and cook! Sausages will be browned by the time the batter has cooked.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The original link posted above has been superceded as they now have a UK site.

Apr 7, 2013
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
VWT5
Exp
I'm a newbie
See the section in the manual entitled "Pan with handles".
Regardless, the onions will brown nicely in it using as it's designed to be used. Then just lob in the other ingredients. Ours is actually just doing an onion, green pepper and a couple of bulbs of garlic at this very moment.
Great, I'll give it a go, thanks

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Faux shawarma kebab.
Marinate some chicken breast fillets thinly sliced in 1/2 small pot of plain yoghurt, with a tablespoon or two of ras al hanout, a teaspoon of Za'atar, a glug of olive oil, small squirt of lemon or lime juice, pinch of salt & pepper (we also put in some good Red chilli such as scotch bonnet or carolina reaper but that's optional). Marinate for at least 6hrs or longer. Shake off excess marinade and cook on the Remoska. I use a baking tin raised up on the grid so it's a bit higher and browns a bit. Cook until done - probably 30 mins or maybe more if slices are a bit thick. Heat a pitta over the gas ring until it starts to puff up, slice open half to make a pocket. Stuff in chicken, plus some sliced cucumber / onion / sweet pepper / tomato / white cabbage / whatever. Squirt of sweet chilli sauce if yiu have any - or ceaser dressing / mayo / salad cream or whatever takes your fancy. For a more authentic experience serve in a brown paper bag after drinking a gallon of strong lager.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back