You Useless Shower!

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Hymie, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Hymie

Hymie Funster

I have a water flow problem I could use a bit of help Lads and Lasses. 1991 Hymer B564

My shower has stopped working, I think it may be a pump issue but need some help diagnosing where the fault lies.

When I opened the access point the pump appeared to be coming apart, separating at the top end where the outlet feed to shower hose exits.

i don't know the make of tap/switch but photo below.

I pushed this back as far as it would go without too much force, the shower then pumped on its own, long enough to get me wet then stopped.

I have checked the switch, it has 13.6v going to it, I can hear the microswitch work, I have cleaned the spade connectors.

If I turn on the sink tap and open the shower tap the shower will then work, and I can alter the water temp by the shower switch and even stop the flow by turning off the shower tap, but once I turn off the sink tap the shower stops flowing.

Can't be an airlock but not sure where to go next, I don't want to spend money on a switch or pump I don't need, and I do like my shower each morning.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hymie.

Attached Files:

2. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

Sounds like the shower micro switch is goosed, just because you can hear it mechanically clicking in, doesn’t mean the switch is working electronically :(
    Try connecting together the two wires that feed the micro switch, thus taking it out of the equation and see if it pumps then ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. lunarman

lunarman Funster

My guess is that the pump is operated by a microswitch on each tap and the one on the shower tap is not connecting when you turn it on. Turning the sink tap on operates the pump then opening the shower tap the water will flow.

Check the connections on the shower tap.

John

• Like Like x 1
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

as they say..^^^^^^^

5. Hymie

Hymie Funster

Thanks guys, should have thought of that I suppose, bridged the connectors and its pumping like a good'un, just wish I knew more about the switch.

Does anyone know if I can replace the micro switch or if it is a unit replacement?

There is no indication on the unit as to manufacturer.

Hymie.

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member