You could not make this up! (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Just recieved back a form I had sent to a government department which they had sent to me to fill in about a week ago. Now the initial form was addressed to me and it must have been correct as I received it and sent it back, yes I know some of you are already ahead of me.
Well the reason they sent it back, with a pre paid evelope (more cost), was because:Doh: I had forgotten to tick the box "Is the address on the form corect Y/N?"
Now re read above and somebody tell me how the hell the form could have been, sent, received and then re-sent if the address was wrong. Why couldn't the dipstick who did this not just :shout:TICK THE BLOODY BOX HIMSELF! and just pass it along, because if it was wrong I would never receive in the first place.
JK

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Easy

(1) You could have moved house and the postoffice were redirecting your mail.

(2) The address may be incorrect but only say house number and a neighbour recognised your name and hand delivered it.

(3) You may have a postie like mine, who knows every one in his route by name etc and he may have used his initiative.

Should I go on ?

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Our local borough council decided that one of the roads near me had to be closed so that new road markings could be painted in. The road was closed, the new markings were painted in and the road re opened.

Two days later the road was closed again whilst the road surface was taken up and renewed.

The road markings are now as they were in the first place.

No doubt the road will need to be closed again so that the road markings can again be upgraded.

Jim
:Doh:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Easy

(1) You could have moved house and the postoffice were redirecting your mail.

(2) The address may be incorrect but only say house number and a neighbour recognised your name and hand delivered it.

(3) You may have a postie like mine, who knows every one in his route by name etc and he may have used his initiative.

Should I go on ?

Peter

or a post man like mine dislexic
(i kid you not)all our estate is named after rivers ours begins with t
and 2 other streets begin with t also we take their mail round later
we had an innumerate one too
we just keep getting new temporary posties:Eeek:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!