You cannot give it away

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by slobadoberbob, Sep 14, 2010.

1. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

I put out a box of mainly yank parts (new) in a box at Bath & West and still came home with it half full... Lincoln next outing.

I think people were shy to take what was on offer, it was free and I think there were some useful items and a lot could be used on European and UK vans, but yes mainly for the American vans.. but it was interesting watching the few who did have a rummage.. mind you one or two got in the box without me seeing them.

Woluld I have got rid of more if I had put to plate out for contributions I wonder?

No John the Chobb unit was not free, I was just showing Rick how it worked, the fact it was on the table where the box was before did not mean you should get so excited... sorry.

Bob:Eeek:

Bob

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

You must have met the posh Funsters Bob
    the Lincoln lot will have yer wheels if you dont watch em
    I'll have a rumage if you dont mind, me and PaPa John can scrap over any juicy bits, and if that Tony Santara is there along with Bryan (admin)
    Boy its gonna be a bun fight,Stand well back
    Geo

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

A few months ago a friend in Canada put something out on the front lawn with a "free to good home" sign on it. Can't remember what it was but it was worth having.

Nobody was interested so he contacted the local authority to collect it for the dump and put it round the corner of the house to await collection.

Somebody nicked it before it could be picked up :Laughing:

Graham

4. madbluemad

madbluemad

Now that does sound about right. :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Jim
    :thumb:

5. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

very true

A few years ago I was clearing out the garage and had an old boys bike, real crappy.. I put it on the edge of my drive and a sign saying free.. Sue said no one will take that.. we went in doors and within minutes it was gone..now we live in a quite road, little traffic in those days and we saw no one.. but the bike soon went.

Bob:Eeek: