You can now change your own username (1 Viewer)

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Have to be honest, I don’t understand the continual buggering about with the structure of this forum. Being able to change your username seems ridiculous to me.

Changing your Avatar is fair enough and acceptable on most forums, but your name……..honestly, what is the thinking behind that???

Brian

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don’t understand the continual buggering about with the structure of this forum.

Changing your Avatar is fair enough and acceptable on most forums, but your name……..honestly, what is the thinking behind that???

Pays to read the first post in a thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian_K

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Durham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
You don't have to use it Brian

I know Andy (and I did read the first post, fully), but if you change your name (and possibly Avatar), don't you agree that can lead to unnecessary confusion?

Brian

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know Andy (and I did read the first post, fully), but if you change your name (and possibly Avatar), don't you agree that can lead to unnecessary confusion?

Brian

Yes I agree, if you're easily confused..:)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Jim, You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time. I think it's a great idea.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I thought it was just me who was having difficulties with the text size, and that's on a laptop.

Jim: any chance of it being changed to a 'clearer' larger font such as Arial or Tahoma as standard? I find that it can be difficult to differentiate between a zero and an 'o' in the current typeface.
@deb started a post regards this at weekend..Let's wait and see if @Jim sees it...

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I can see it fine, but then again I actually did go to Specsavers :rofl:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
No problem with name changes except perhaps when there's a complete change of name and you can't remember the old one, you lose that sense of knowing the poster and having to start again. What I don't get is when checking someone's profile there's a complete blank with the message "this member limits who can view their profile". What's that all about?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What I don't get is when checking someone's profile there's a complete blank with the message "this member limits who can view their profile". What's that all about?

People can restrict who sees their profile.

Privacy2.png

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
No problem with name changes except perhaps when there's a complete change of name and you can't remember the old one, you lose that sense of knowing the poster and having to start again. What I don't get is when checking someone's profile there's a complete blank with the message "this member limits who can view their profile". What's that all about?

says he who has himself had a total renaming (for good and obvious reasons)

fully agree with your other point though, why do folk hide their profile??

I was just thinking it would be useful if profiles included a previous name on there @Jim so we had a half chance of keeping up, but it would only work on those that aren't shy :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back