LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Cheap stopover at Bishopthorpe. "The bungalow" in Moor Lane, smashing little CL at £6.50. No leccie or showers/toilet but I thought good value for York and we often get posts that you can't get in at Rowntree. Open from March to October. :thumb:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Yep, the lane is a bit tight turn in but there is an Allegro on now and a double axle European has just left. You are only on the lane for 3 wood (about 250 yards) :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
P.S. we walk the cycle track to Askham Bar for a bus into York, takes us 30 mins but I think you could get a bus from the village.:thumb:

bob and jules

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Goosnargh Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Feb 2009
Thanks, sounds good, but you may be accused of misrepresentation......you havent seen me play golf!

ps when do I have to pay my 'nutter' subscription?

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
There is no subscription unless you want to contribute to the "Restore Hilda" fund. :whatthe: By the way have you met the other founder members Hilda and Sundance (Dave shiftzz and Graham GJH)? The only stipulation is that you must be a bit daft. Sundance has a 1st honours in daft. :ROFLMAO:

bob and jules

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Goosnargh Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Feb 2009
Ah all becomes clear, no subscription is good...I cant count anyway.

I am dafter that a daft person with a degree in daftness from the University of Daft.....I take it I qualify.(Edmund Blackadder)

All hail the Pope, you cant beat a free holiday in a Merc with a fish tank on the back can you.

Sorry, going back under my sleeping bag now

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
You are obviously a custard short of a puddin, welcome to the nutters group you should fit in quite well with the rest of them.....i mean us. :thumb:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
moor lane

we have been to this site a few times nice walk to pubs also chip shop and shops within walking distance:Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is no subscription unless you want to contribute to the "Restore Hilda" fund. :whatthe:
Yet again Ken tries to prove he's dafter than the rest.

I keep telling you, it's suspicion not subscription - don't let them have any suspicion that the subscription shouldn't be paid.

And remember, keep it to yourself, don't let anyone else see this or they might twig what we're up to. Best thing is probably to print the message and eat it. If you've already had your supper keep in under your pillow (in an envelope so Steph can't read it) and have it for breakfast.

By the way have you met the other founder members Hilda and Sundance (Dave shiftzz and Graham GJH)? The only stipulation is that you must be a bit daft. Sundance has a 1st honours in daft. :ROFLMAO:

Got a double first in aimless and idle as well. Now I'm fighting off people from universities trying to get me to research the value to society of dad dancing. Well, somebody has to do it since Victor Sylvester died. No, I don't know who he is either - but Ken remembers him from his Teddy Boy days :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Graham

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Is that the same as poodle Dancing? I know a great club in York....

Gullivers
90-92 Victoria Street,
Grimsby,
DN31 1BG
01472 372664

Just say Hilda sent you.....

Easy walking distance from York City centre

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Was our Leader Jim, a boy Scout in the 1960's when Knobbly Knees was a Teddy Boy...

See pic.

Teddy and a Boy....

Link Removed

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Update

SWMBO tells me to get to get a grip:Eeek:

It is not a CL (caravan club) but a CS (camping and caravan club) :Doh:

BTW I resent those references to my body parts. There is nothing wrong with my knees. :whatthe: I will have you know I have had them for years. and apart from a motorbike accident and the occasional twinge they are wonderful knees.

PS I have a matching set (two off):thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back