York Wild camping

Discussion in 'England' started by sadlonelygit, May 27, 2014.

1. sadlonelygit

sadlonelygit Read Only Funster

tried in vain this w/e to get into a site near york, tried the lord nelson in nether poppleton but no joy.
    as we were leaving opposite Riverside Gardens is a bridleway/path with a massive entrance, so we backed in a bit, and a bit further, and a little bit more until we couldn't see the road:BigGrin:
    lovely little place to stop and none of the locals ranted at us.

2. movan

movan Funster Life Member

:Smile:pleased you found somewhere .... and pleased you used the pronoun WE .... your avatar name made me sad.. :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

we went to Selby last night to meet my nice who is a truck driver we went for fish and chips Frome a local chip shop spent almos £25.00 and fund a wee spot near to where she was parked to wild camp for the night just off a bridal way got up this Moring with rabbits running around and deer in the field next to us.:BigGrin:

that's why we love wild camping :thumb:
    bill

4. sb8263

sb8263 Funster

MH going in for new sat system fitting this week so going to look at having solar pannel and 2nd leisure battery fitted too so we can do more without needing EHU......:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

but when you do don't give out your spot's just you use them clean-up after you and levee nothing but tyre marks
    I used to let folks know where I went most of them spots are now no longer available it only takes one to screw it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lee Millington

Lee Millington Read Only Funster

Try some of the little villages around York. You can have some good nights and most of the pubs let you stay in their car park if you have a couple of drinks.