York school (1 Viewer)

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Have noticed as we have passed Joseph Rowntree school just outside of York. In school holidays there are a number of caravans and motorhomes in there. Might be of interest to some of you. If they are allowing camping there it is ideal for visiting York as there is a regular bus service into Town. Or a pleasant walk along the river will take you to the centre. A couple of pubs within staggering distance and a shopping centre nearby with Asda Sainsburys and Aldi.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Sounds like a great venue. I know the river walk into York is very pleasant.
I think quite a few schools make money renting out to clubs. School where I used to teach in Wiltshire rents to Caravan Club in the summer, and the school my friend's son attends rents out via Camping and Caravan Club, also in the summer holiday.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I think it`s the Motorcaravanners Club cos they do York:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The first meet we went to with the C&CC was at Joseph Rowntree School. Very convenient for buses into York but it is only meets/rallies, they don't have a caravan site licence.

OP
OP
lindylou
Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Will pop round there sometime and have a chat with someone there. Didn't seem enough to be a rally.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Will pop round there sometime and have a chat with someone there. Didn't seem enough to be a rally.

The meet we went to only had about a dozen vans. Some events, especially if only a couple of nights, only suit people reasonably local. We were pitched at the back of the school as, being a weekend, the main car park was in use for sports and social clubs and there isn't all that much room for a lot of vans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back