14921969201801711754878.jpg

Well done CMC

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Just missed you. We left today after spending 3nts there. Great place. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Love it and the whole York experience, enjoy'

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
I heard it could flood at certain times of the year - any one had any experience of that?
Yes. 2 years ago at Christmas.
Was told on arrival to keep my mobile handy as the wardens were closely watching the river Ouse.
We got a call around 6pm that they were evacuating the site. We left by the top gate all ok. The site flooded later that nite.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There are 7 of us Funsters currently just down the road at the Knavesmire, York Racecourse on a C&CC Easter Rally with Huddersfield DA. Excellent location, though not quite as close as Rowntrees is to the city centre, but there's a bus stop outside the gates.

However, its a damn site cheaper here than the Caravan Club and Huddersfield DA Group have the Ebor Suite booked for Sat & Sun evening. Weather a tad nippy this morning but the rain has stayed away.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I heard it could flood at certain times of the year - any one had any experience of that?
Yes. A couple of years ago we had a phone call from them about a week before our booked stay to say they were flooded we and could not go. We were disappointed when we enquired about swapping the date to the following season (it is always well subscribed) and were told we'd have to wait for booking to reopen and join the queue.

Have to say, though, it's a nice site and York is a great place to visit. The site is a very short walk from the city and alongside the river.

Wyn

Johnnyb

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Yorks/Derbys
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
We've just had the Easter weekend there too and really enjoyed the location. I used to travel to York every day through work so didn't really appreciate the place as a tourist but this weekend it was nice just to take the whole place in. I'd forgotten just how busy it gets though!

It's great for cycling too and had a couple of nice rides to Selby and Beningbrough Hall. The problem now is finding a vacant weekend to visit again.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
tried to get into Rowntree last year and it was full so went to York Caravan Park instead. great site and we have been back, and have booked again for June. a bit further out but a good bus service, 10 mins into York, or 10 mins the other way to the Fox pub, real ale and good grub. and they showed the Rangers Celtic match for us on the tele.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I adore York & Rowntree park is York. Stayed there for Xmas shopping before, then into the Kings Arms for a drinkiepoo at a roaring fire. Enjoy.
Don't go to the Kings Arms if there's more than 10 of you! Taboo, you'll get asked to leave.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back