Yippe, The E-bikes Have Arrived (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Our Scott e-bikes were dispatched from Germany on Wednesday and arrived yesterday (Friday). After lots of wrestling with bubble wrap & sorting out the handle bars went for a blast along the seafront.
Awesome, maintained a constant 15 mph cycling head first into gale force 8 wind, blasted past ordinary cyclists left them for dust. Who said e-bikes were for lazy people, legs ache today, put far more effort in than I would have done on my ordinary bike.
Went for boring old trekking bikes as we rarely go off road these days, if I do decide too I might just have to by another e-bike - might have to duck the rolling pin.:)

P1000220_1.jpg

P1000218.jpg

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We love ours, go for miles often without the power but knowing it's there when you want it makes the difference .

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just been for a blast to Steyning from Lancing via the Combes road (near Lancing College) if anyone knows it quite hilly with a couple of nasty ones, averaged 18.2 mph.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Is the idea that you switch on the motor when you want? Has it got regular bike gears too?
How much are they?
Sorry haven't heard of them before
(Don't get out much!)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Love ours Ive done 1000 miles on mine now plenty of cycling tracks here do 30 miles off road quite easy.
Even Jan will do 25/30 miles easily. Like others we only switch on when getting really tired quck rest then switch back off.
Brilliant things.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Is the idea that you switch on the motor when you want? Has it got regular bike gears too?
How much are they?
(Don't get out much!)
You can select the power assistance you require, off, eco, tourer, sport & Turbo, eco is 25% assist, Turbo is 275%.
10 speed derailleur gears, with the electric assist 10 is plenty.
UK price for the ones we brought is UK price £2200 standard German price is approx £1810, I paid £1640 including shipping, but that was a deal for 4 bikes.
Scott are a very well known bike manufacturer been around for years, they were originally an American company set up their Europen headquarters in Switzerland, in 1978. Ed Scott invented the Aluminum ski pole in 1958. Similar range of bikes to Specialized, Marin, KTM etc.

Scott website
Bosch e-bike systems

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You can select the power assistance you require, off, eco, tourer, sport & Turbo, eco is 25% assist, Turbo is 275%.
UK price for the ones we brought is UK price £2200 standard German price is approx £1810, I paid £1640 including shipping, but that was a deal for 4 bikes.
Scott are a very well known bike manufacturer been around for years, they were originally an American company set up their Europen headquarters in Switzerland, in 1978. Ed Scott invented the Aluminum ski pole in 1958. Similar range of bikes to Specialized, Marin, KTM etc.

Scott website
Bosch e-bike systems

I am far from fit, but after years of riding Bosch powered e bikes (have had 4) have lost 3 stone and a better cyclist for it as well. I normally ride in Eco or Tour, then when hill climbing increase the assistance ...or else its just to easy and not getting any exercise

You really have to try these centre drive bikes, which means going to a proper e bike retailer, and not impulse buying at shows:( ....yes they cost more (if you want buying advice just ask) but can be picked up at reasonable prices in Europe. They are in a different league from cheap Chinese throttle assist....

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013

Scott website
Bosch e-bike systems

Hi

Any chance you could link me to the German supplier as the scotts website just asks to find a local dealer

Thanks

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi

Any chance you could link me to the German supplier as the scotts website just asks to find a local dealer

Thanks
Order ours from United Online Stores GmbH they are in Karlsruhe They have several online sites link to their one in English with GBP prices.
Emotion Technologies have 20 shops across Germany. (don't think they stock Scott)
Fahrrad XXL have 15 shops across Germany.

That's a few to start with just search on Google to find more, you need to be on the German Google site.

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Order ours from United Online Stores GmbH they are in Karlsruhe They have several online sites link to their one in English with GBP prices.
Emotion Technologies have 20 shops across Germany. (don't think they stock Scott)
Fahrrad XXL have 15 shops across Germany.

That's a few to start with just search on Google to find more, you need to be on the German Google site.

Thanks for that ;) its something me and the wife are interested in, good to read your happy with yours

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
I'm in France at the moment, and my understanding of the laws in France indicate that in this country you can't use an e bike capable of 'throttle only' power mode, (i.e. you have to be pedaling for the motor to provide assistance) Having said that, Liz & I have one of each type (hers is the legal one) but since no-one in France gives a toss about rules & regulations anyway, I don't lose any sleep over it.
The people in France must like e bikes, as one of ours was stolen last year from Paris Arsenal marina. Happened 10 feet away whilst we were watching telly and yes, it was chained to a fence.
Getabiggerchainclive!

Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
2 years back in 2009/10; resuming in 2016.
I tried out an electric bike for the first time today and fell in love - ended up ordering a KTM Macina Cross Sport from North Yorkshire Electric Bikes in Knaresborough. The owner, Tony, took me to a 1 in 4 hill in town so I could get a sense of its performance and I couldn't get the smile off my face. I hadn't realised what tremendous fun they were. Looking forward to putting in lots of miles.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I tried out an electric bike for the first time today and fell in love - ended up ordering a KTM Macina Cross Sport from North Yorkshire Electric Bikes in Knaresborough. The owner, Tony, took me to a 1 in 4 hill in town so I could get a sense of its performance and I couldn't get the smile off my face. I hadn't realised what tremendous fun they were. Looking forward to putting in lots of miles.
Good choice.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
How much are they?
(Don't get out much!)

@Jac Sprat
They don't have to be as expensive or complicated as the ones chosen by OP.

We love our AS Bikes (look Online). Some members will deride them but many find they're perfectly suitable. You can see/try them at motorhome shows.

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp

Quite fancy one of those and I'm not far from there, did you get a good deal?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Quite fancy one of those and I'm not far from there, did you get a good deal?
Buy on German ebay and get a good deal delivered to your door from reputable dealers. 2015 at great prices if any left!

Reactions: SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I bought a Haibike Sduro hardseven 27.5 e-bike (2015 model) in January from Alltricks.com, paid just under €2100 including delivery from France to my mother's address in Spain. Fantastic bit of kit, friends of mine I have met up with since have matching Xduro models with full suspension. As mentoned previously, they can work you just as hard as a normal bike, especially if you use them without assist as it weighs a good 8kgs more than my previous MTB! They deliver to the UK and you save quite a bit by having it delivered rather than buying it at home though I have said that before about van tyres and had to be corrected by savvy funsters..

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Like Reckless, we have AS bikes and we think they are great. Today we went out in them from home for about an hour. I must admit I haven't used mine for over a year as over the last year I have broken my foot and had key hole surgery on a knee. It was lovely here today the sun was shining although along the sea front it was a bit chilly but it blew the cobwebs away. I can't wait to get out on them again.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
2100euro is £1600 that is what an sduro cost here ( yamaha not bosch drive).

If not used for a year hope you have charged battery reguirely to maintain it

Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
2 years back in 2009/10; resuming in 2016.
Buy on German ebay and get a good deal delivered to your door from reputable dealers. 2015 at great prices if any left!

I'm sure that's good advice - you're going to get a better deal that way for sure. I was being a little lazy, I suppose. What I did get was fantastic customer service, and I am confident that it will continue.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back