yet another newbie! (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
What van do you have - I can't actually make out from your profile photo what it is.
Delayed response because I've been dragged to Gunwharf Quays for some retail therapy (n) now over 250 squids lighter :mad: Anyway, our MoHo is a Knaus Sky i 700 Plus LX to give its full title. Bought from Southdowns Motorcaravans in Portsmouth last September, who have been very good. Our previous was an Auto-Sleeper Broadway FB bought new from Marquis Southampton, our experience with their after sales service was not good. Before that we had a 2007 Ace Airstream bought from Dolphin Motorhomes, after eleven months of ownership we traded it in at Marquis who found severe damp, four weeks after an "all clear" habitation and damp test!

Neesayanne, there's a ton of similar experience on this site, all for you edification if you decide to use it. But, it's already been said, it's your choice. Only you can make the choice that's right for you and when made you are in for a treat! Enjoy, hope to see you out and about. (y) Cheers. :drink:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Delayed response because I've been dragged to Gunwharf Quays for some retail therapy (n) now over 250 squids lighter :mad: Anyway, our MoHo is a Knaus Sky i 700 Plus LX to give its full title. Bought from Southdowns Motorcaravans in Portsmouth last September, who have been very good.
Thanks for the info - looks a very nice van, just what we're looking for.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Welcome..Getting an A class to work at 3500kg (enough practical payload) will be difficult I would think...

Thinking about this...I am even more sure that an island bed requirement (extra length and weight) will be impossible to achieve @ 3500. If this a lisence restriction you need to do your homework!

Also need to get realistic!lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
N
Sep 10, 2014
Nr Whitby north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
dont have one yet
yes we realise this is not going to happen -it doesnt exist!!! we are looking at longer and heavier.Hymer or Rapido now,thanks for everyones input we'll do more research !!!!!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome 3.jpg

Have a look at the Chausson range as well. Might suit, might not.

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Looks a cracker! It's got service history (y) What's the weight, payload and dimensions, bet you're keen :) but don't rush, there'll always be another. Good luck. Terran

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Merc hymer looks good............worth a look, if it ticks your boxes.......(y)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Delayed response because I've been dragged to Gunwharf Quays for some retail therapy (n) now over 250 squids lighter :mad: Anyway, our MoHo is a Knaus Sky i 700 Plus LX to give its full title. Bought from Southdowns Motorcaravans in Portsmouth last September, who have been very good.

We have just bought a new Knaus Sky Ti 700 MEB from "Trudie" at Southdowns Motorcaravans - haven't been out in it yet (apart from the drive
home to Lee on the Solent) hoping to get away for a few days next week

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Wow! Congratulations, lovely van, great build quality, you'll not be disappointed. We often take a drive to Lee-on-the-Solent, park on the sea front road and walk along the prom. (y) Sometimes stopping for a meal at the cafè on the front, lovely, great views. Really envy that new 'van feeling, enjoy. :D Now get out in it... :clap2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back