Yet another meet plagued by generators!!!! (1 Viewer)

newlifedriver

Free Member
Dec 6, 2014
in my rv
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
Note to everyone anyone trying to put water in my bus will need medical treatment I would take it as vandalism and treat accordingly and I would hope this will go for a lot on here is would never think of vandalising someones mh so I say shame on anyone that would

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am going to tie it to my A frame when touring Spain.

Be very careful Mr Chris...

I have it on good authority that if the cable ties you use for this job are not of the regulation width, as set down by the Spanish local laws, the police will fine you €47.37 and make you listen to a recording of a flamenco guitarist for an hour.

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This is caused thro, and it only happens to THE RUFTY TUFTY Funster that sleeps,(LOOK AWAY LADIES!), in the nude, and on the inside of the bed!
Many have a "liquid" supper, while getting up every 2 hours or so during the night , to discharge the ballast, they forget the yeast in their liquid supper still reacts with tummy contents, WHICH!!, In extreme circumstances!! turns the belly contents to? Shall we say? liquid?, and hubbly bubbly!!! Teeming and steaming, till early AM It's like Mt Etna!! The pressure builds!!. Mildly irritant, goes to uncomfortable, TO!!Got to GO!!! NOW!!!
So with "Roses" tightly clenched, they swiftly scurry to the loo!
AND with great relief!

Release the explosive gasses!- - - So! interupting your commune with nature , and of course sometimes? in certain circumstances??? creating a blow back from the cassette, this of course creates an illusion of an echo reverberating, which sounds like 2, whereas it's only 1

Hope this explanation helps ?

All part of the service !
I see a gap in the market. The SOG (Sucks Out Gas) can now be joined by the BOG (Blows Out Gas). There is clearly a demand for such a device.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I am going to get a generator I think(y)

I am going to tie it to my A frame when touring Spain.
Whilst progressing with the grey waste open I hope ¿

That is partly the reason i do my own thing and not attend big group meets, you have people that pull up so bloody close that you can barely open your door, and worse still have that f everyone else attitude and have a genny running when ever they want,

Yes I¡ll stick with a fridge lorry . At least you know it won't run for long.As long as it's not defrosting.lol

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Does that mean a canny play mah bag pipes in the morning?

I guess you lot of miserable folks will miss out on my rendition of " Flower of Scotland " followed by scots wa hay.

ya just dinna know what yer missin laddies n lassies

p.s ah don't start farting till after breakfast

p.p.s. [from his missus] oh yes he bloody does!!!!!!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Spot on ! Especially in winter when the sun don't shine

We've been in -17 over new year. No hook up. No genny. Trojan batteries , solar, inverter. B2B charger.
I use all my regular things. Hairdryer. Straighteners . Etc.
if your geared up . You don't need a genny. We have TV fridges, charges tinternet everything.

What bugs me is people turn up , set up, stick the blooming genny on to watch TV or what ever , straight away.
They've just turned up.
Why do they need it?
Putting it near to our van an away from theirs.

Next weekend Thursday to Sunday .
We have no water. No electric, no batteries . No nothing. If you've been following the build you will see. We aren't finished in time for Whitby goth weekend.
We need to get all gothed up , then get all the goth stuff off. Takes some doing even with leccy.
We are taking a camping gas stove. I'm taking gas hair tongs even . We dont even have a working loo !
Thankfully the school has some. And we have a portaloo just incase.

Edit we won't be using the gas stove inside.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I hope you 2 are going to be quite this weekend no banging sliding doors at 2 am blind drunk
At least we won't hear you two snoring away with all that insulation Ralphs put in. I forgot you were in the naughty corner too. The doors been adapted . New running gear. It's a dull thud now!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I have to say, the most annoying thing we have encountered was a middle aged wannnabe opera singer on a site in France, who used to practice her scales ad infinitum. I'm glad she never tried to sing a tune though, as she couldn't sing a single octave in tune!

I've also found that most people with generators come and ask their neighbours if they mind them having them on for half an hour, or whatever.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am never going to a Funster meet again...

The last one was a bloody disgrace.

Firstly, at the crack of dawn (11.45 AM), some thought less, selfish sod stood right outside my van and...

Do you know what?

The cheeky bugger was breathing...

Yes, breathing... out aloud. What a racket...

Then, to make matters worse, when I popped my head outside to tell him to either stop breathing or do it somewhere else, WHAMMO... I was hit by the stench of his toothpaste.

He could have stayed inside after cleaning his teeth until the smell subsided but no, he has to waft it out into the air I am using.

After such a terrible start to my day, I was just making a cup of coffee when a bloody friendly Funster knocked on my door to say hello and see if I was alright.

What a scam!

I was forced to offer him a coffee too incurring all the extra cost of coffee granules, sugar and milk.

Luckily, being wise to the ways of the Scammers, I made his coffee from the cheap powdered instant stuff I keep for just such occasions but he still got normal, full priced milk and sugar.

Then, while drinking my coffee, he starts asking all sorts of nosey questions about me and what was I up to and such like.

This sort of wretched behaviour went on for days...

Never again.

JJ :cool:

Last edited:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We have a 90AH battery and ran our PVC with 4 peeps, TV, lights, water pump etc for 2 weeks over Easter with approx 4 hrs driving during that time and we did not run out of power. Why some peeps feel the need to turn in their generator as soon as they arrive / get up etc is beyond me. Leisure batteries are designed to provide power when parked up so why not use them?

As for live and let live, at what point does one person's desire to use a generator over-ride the desire of peace and tranquillity for others?

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I have to say, the most annoying thing we have encountered was a middle aged wannnabe opera singer on a site in France, who used to practice her scales ad infinitum. I'm glad she never tried to sing a tune though, as she couldn't sing a single octave in tune!

I've also found that most people with generators come and ask their neighbours if they mind them having them on for half an hour, or whatever.
On very fine clear night In the middle of the Moroccan desert 8 drunken funsters 2 ukes and a very fine rendition of polly wolley F!ng doodle
Even the French applauded (I think)

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
No need to turn it up the constant tick from the pump is enough and we apologise if we have disturbed anyone when we had one

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
In the true spirit of fun this thread has gone well off track !
I fully sympathise with jaygee ,to fire up a genny at that time in the morning is just taking the pi$$ ,as is running them into the early hours period !
I wonder how many of those running them actually know what they're doing ? Is their ignorance to battery power and usage governed by the idiot that told them they needed and sold them one!
I appreciate there are medical reasons why you may need to use a genny at short notice when needs must ,but for the rest of you a little bit of common sense and Courtesy should mean a few hours every now and then in the AFTERNOON should do!
When we were in Southport a couple of weeks ago the van next to us had the genny running every time they had the tv on :doh:

Vlad

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Oh well - that's different.

Clearly 10 is a very odd number for a choir, so we'd have joined it and made it the round dozen before it got to the singing, and given the performance our own je ne sais quoi !

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
No need to turn it up the constant tick from the pump is enough and we apologise if we have disturbed anyone when we had one .

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Stinking SOLEX Mopeds and two stroke run-arounds...

Smelly oily noisy things buzzing around........

Don`t start me off............... Wring pull can`s popping and farting every where..... and and and TIN OPENER`s are the bain of my life, releasing that putrid smell of out of date Old Ewe and Cow`s and Sheepsis.. :crying:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
not the most pleasant experience first thing in the morning but are folks allowed to publish registration no images of peeps with out there consent though there were laws regarding a individuals privacy
You are free to photograph anyone or anything in a public place.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
We've been in -17 over new year. No hook up. No genny. Trojan batteries , solar, inverter. B2B charger.
I use all my regular things. Hairdryer. Straighteners . Etc.
if your geared up . You don't need a genny. We have TV fridges, charges tinternet everything.

What bugs me is people turn up , set up, stick the blooming genny on to watch TV or what ever , straight away.
They've just turned up.
Why do they need it?
Putting it near to our van an away from theirs.

Next weekend Thursday to Sunday .
We have no water. No electric, no batteries . No nothing. If you've been following the build you will see. We aren't finished in time for Whitby goth weekend.
We need to get all gothed up , then get all the goth stuff off. Takes some doing even with leccy.
We are taking a camping gas stove. I'm taking gas hair tongs even . We dont even have a working loo !
Thankfully the school has some. And we have a portaloo just incase.

Edit we won't be using the gas stove inside.

That sounds great. Can I ask which Trojan batteries you had and how many - and similarly the solar panels ? :) Thanks :)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I see a gap in the market. The SOG (Sucks Out Gas) can now be joined by the BOG (Blows Out Gas). There is clearly a demand for such a device.
I can imagine, whilst the described emission was in progress, the howl of protest from overdriven SOG fan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back