Yer wot !!!! (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I went out to my usual gas supplier for a 6kg propane bottle exchange (one of the pair had run out) and was asked, "is it for a BBQ"?
When I said no he said that they didn't have any left cos everyone was BBQing.

Nothing strange there then, you might say.

Well, it took me four tries at different suppliers and they all asked me the same thing ! The last one that I tried only had one left, so now he has none.

When I were a lad we used to spend ages drinking wine/beer trying to get the charcoal to light. That's why BBQing is a mans job. Flippin 'eck, anyone can do it wi' gas. What is the world coming too? Gas BBQs indeed !!!!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
that's why the Cadac have finished when I am starting

Have you notice at shows .... well I have, especially when we have a long line of BBQ's going how the Cadac's have come and gone:Sad: when the real BBQ are only just getting going.

It takes me a fair amount of time to get the Cobb running just as I want... either with BBQ bricks or the cobb stones (compressed coconut shells).... but as said anyone can turn a gas bottle on and trow meat on a flat surface.. needs real skills to do it proper like.:Blush:

Cadac' are just gas grills... I can add various types of wood chips and smoke items or use a real old fashion cook out and down a few beers while I wait for it to get going::bigsmile:

Bob:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I went out to my usual gas supplier for a 6kg propane bottle exchange (one of the pair had run out) and was asked, "is it for a BBQ"?
When I said no he said that they didn't have any left cos everyone was BBQing.

Nothing strange there then, you might say.

Well, it took me four tries at different suppliers and they all asked me the same thing ! The last one that I tried only had one left, so now he has none.

When I were a lad we used to spend ages drinking wine/beer trying to get the charcoal to light. That's why BBQing is a mans job. Flippin 'eck, anyone can do it wi' gas. What is the world coming too? Gas BBQs indeed !!!!

Still charcoal for me...:thumb:knokinonabit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back