Yeovilton Airshow 2015 (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I have not received mine yet Debs, hopefully soon as its not that far away to July.
Ok thanks......have you been before? I'm looking on the satelitte view and wondering where the camping area is?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Ok thanks......have you been before? I'm looking on the satelitte view and wondering where the camping area is?
No not been before ,and I understand camping area is literally just across the road....I am sure we will hear something soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Hi Deb, Spoke with Ralph and he says that he has received, I think, 4 booking from Funsters. No doubt tickets will be 'winging' their way shortly.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
No not been before ,and I understand camping area is literally just across the road....I am sure we will hear something soon.
Ta, we were wondering whether it was worth booking the photocall on the Friday to get a front seat view of the planes arriving.....
Hi Deb, Spoke with Ralph and he says that he has received, I think, 4 booking from Funsters. No doubt tickets will be 'winging' their way shortly.
hi, thanks for checking & letting us know, much appreciated

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
PARTICIPATION UPDATE:
Spanish Air Force Patrulla Águila - C-101 Aviojet x 7 (Flying)

RNAS Yeovilton Air Day warmly welcomes back Spain’s national display team, Patrulla Águila. The pride of the Spanish Air Force returns to the scene of its last UK airshow appearance in 2010, at which it won Air Day’s best overall flying display award. In its 30th anniversary year, Patrulla Águila will once more demonstrate just why it’s ranked among the world’s aerobatic team elite, flying a smooth and spectacular sequence containing several unique manoeuvres which include a formation landing. Led this year by Comandante Rubén Pérez González, Patrulla Águila is just part of the international element planned to feature at Air Day 2015.
If anyone wants details of special rates for overnight and tickets at Yeovilton please PM me

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Royal Jordanian Falcons Extra EA300L x 4 - Flying

Air Day regulars, the Royal Jordanian Falcons will join us again this year to give yet another world-class formation aerobatics display.The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan's national aerobatic team, the Royal Jordanian Falcons were established in 1976 and have restored their standard four-aircraft format for 2015. They exist to spread Jordanian goodwill across the Middle East, Europe and elsewhere and fly extremely high-performance Extra EA300L competition aerobatic aircraft. Previous Air Day flying display award-winners, we look forward to welcoming back the Royal Jordanian Falcons to RNAS Yeovilton on 11 July.

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Jordanian display team
image.jpg

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Typhoon Display aircraft will be a bit noisy!!!...
image.jpg

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Update of Aircraft
Welcome to the RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day 2015 Participation List.

There will be over 5 hours of extensive flying displays featuring civilian and military operated historic, classic and modern aircraft types. Yeovilton based Commando Helicopter Force, Lynx Wildcat Maritime Force and Aviation Reconnaissance Force will demonstrate their capabilities during various role demonstrations including the famous Commando Assault Demonstration with plenty of pyrotechnics! Further UK and foreign military participants will provide fast jet displays, static aircraft, aerobatic display teams and joint flypasts.

This post will be regularly updated as and when we receive confirmation of additions, cancellations or changes. Please note that whilst an aircraft may be shown as confirmed the aircraft operator may withdraw the aircraft with little or no notice, without providing any reason. This is beyond the control of the Organisers

ROYAL NAVY
FLYING
Wildcat HMA2 x 2 - Black Cats Display Team
ROYAL AIR FORCE
FLYING
Hawk T1 x 9 - Red Arrows Display TeamTyphoon FGR4
Lancaster - Battle of Britain Memorial FlightSpitfire - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
Hurricane - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
FOREIGN MILITARY
FLYING
C-101 Aviojet x 7 - Spanish Air Force Patrulla Aguila Display Team
STATIC
NH90 MTH - Belgian Air Force
CLASSIC MILITARY & COLD WAR ERA TYPES
FLYING
Vulcan B2 - Vulcan To The Sky
MiG-15UTI - Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron
Hunter T7 - Midair Squadron
Canberra PR9 - Midair Squadron
Sea Vixen FAW2 - Fly Navy Heritage Trust
WARBIRDS & HISTORICS
FLYING
Seafire XVII - Kennet Aviation
CIVILIAN & INDUSTRY
FLYING
Zlin Z526 x 2 - Czech Mates Display Team
EA300L x 4 - Royal Jordanian Falcons Display Team
STATIC
Yak 52 - Private
Chipmunk - Private

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Just had email from aha to say booking confirmed and tickets will be sent out end of April beginning of May...looking at updates of show its going to be a great day..

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
The camping area is on the playing field right opposite the museum. I understand there are a limited number of loos and showers available should you need them.
Richard.

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
YEOVILTON AIRDAY PARTICIPATION UPDATE:
Scorpion - Textron AirLand (Static)

A state-of-the-art light tactical aircraft on only its second UK visit will participate in the RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day on 11 July. First flown in December 2013, the Textron AirLand Scorpion is a low-cost light attack and ISR (intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) capable platform incorporating Cessna business jet systems and parts. Fast, agile and able to carry a range of weapons, the Scorpion is a new-generation design with multiple military applications. These include airspace defence, maritime security, irregular warfare support, counter-narcotics operations and humanitarian aid missions. The aircraft will feature in Air Day’s static display alongside various other modern military types.
1909205_777040179059962_1860903462372914853_o.jpg

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We went a few years back ( on the 80th anniversary ) camped with ccc temporary hol site just up the road about a mile away , downhead lane I believe. cycled down & watched from outside the base for free, great display.

Unfortunately it's nowhere near as good as it was years ago, apparently it's all down to money these days, the top shows pay top dollar so you don't see the aircraft that you did in years gone by, shame because it was a very good show

OP
OP
jemhorn
Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
All the Airshows will be better this year as there is no RAF Waddington Airshow this year. So participation is spread around. The line up does look good so the word is this will be a cracking show.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Nothing yet Bertie.. Last email I got said beginning of May ..

Ta for that Khizzie, just as long as we're not alone as our last email said the same. I marvelled at how fast our cheque cleared, not quite as slick as Her Majesties Revenue & Customs but still eye wateringly brisk! ...................:D

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hi Guys, Don't worry tickets will be on the way. Keeping watching Facebook page more entries on the way...

Cheers jem. Can't be doing with faceache or the other one so we await the day with much anticipation!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
OK here the latest addition to the line up

Excellent, haven't seen a Super Etendard for years!(y)
The line up is getting better all the time. Many thanks jem!:)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I had a confirmation email on 1st April for my booking on the campsite.
It said that tickets would go out 'late April, early May'.

As we are working in the Vulcan Village we will not need tickets but will have passes which we collect when we arrive.

Looks like a good show but we never get to see much of it (hear all of it though) as we are working inside. :(

Richard.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Not up till yesterday,we're not at home at the mo

What you mean the postman doesn't call...........where are you Debs, Benbecula?:p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back