XP Profesional .. disk wanted (1 Viewer)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The dodgy copy that has been doing the rounds for years works and takes updates Jim!

You just have to go into program files and delete the relevant program when your desktop goes all black!:thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The dodgy copy that has been doing the rounds for years works and takes updates Jim!

You just have to go into program files and delete the relevant program when your desktop goes all black!:thumb:

Indeed.. that's the back-up plan.. but would have preferred a legit disk ..

I had one years ago and gave it away :Sad:

if all else fails I'll buy one from ebay
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A friend of a friend (in case Mr Gates is a Funster) has a dodgy copy, if you can stand 10 years of updates and are passing Kings Lynn, he might lend it to you!:roflmto:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Jim, I got the real McCoy with lots of genuine of OEM numbers, also Microsoft Office, in tomorrow if you want to borrow it,

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks Ray.. will call you tomorrow

Thanks Ray, nice talking to you .. a most generous offer, but as I wanted to install on two laptops I decided it would be better to have my own copy .. bought it from the eBay seller on the previous post .. £18.50

It arrived within 24hrs of ordering.. exactly as described.. brand new unopened disk with activation key and instructions for re installing ... plus a help line phone number.

So, now installed on two laptops, one five year old Dell Inspiron that originally came with Vista and I had 'upgraded' to Windows7 .. After installing XP Professional it runs like a new laptop, boots up fast and even after loading it up with the 'usual' software, it runs so much better, .. I'd forgotten how good XP was...

Also installed on a five year old 10" Sony VGN ... same result, fast and stable.. :Smile:

It took about 4 or 5 hours to do a complete fresh install, including time to load all the XP drivers.. (downloaded from Dell and Sony) .. and doing the Windows updates..

Only wish I could get the XP drivers for my one year old Dell N5010 .. some say it can be done but after some thought decided not to try as Dell don't have all the drivers..

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I thought you were aBroken Link Removed convert Jim:Cool:

Btw how do you get it to work on two Pc's???

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I foresee a little problem Jim, 2 years ago Microsoft locked my laptop because the activation key had been used more times than the licence allowed. It appears the dealer had used an install disk with limited install licence, Microsoft now check validity of their software every time you do an update or register it. So do be careful
:whatthe::whatthe:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I thought you were aBroken Link Removed convert Jim:Cool:

Btw how do you get it to work on two Pc's???

I did try Ubuntu but.. wasn't for me .. gave me problems ..
I also installed on Jan's and she likes it ..

No idea why XP worked on both PCs.. but it did, both activated and registered .. also done updates on both where it checks the license .. no problem .. so far ..

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
If anyone wants a genuine OEM number pm me :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
jim you should upgrade to windows 7 much better than xp not sure on windows 8 i aint tried that yet

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
jim you should upgrade to windows 7 much better than xp not sure on windows 8 i aint tried that yet

I have Windows7 on my newest laptop ..

it was two older laptops that I previously upgraded to W7 that I wanted XP for

So, now installed on two laptops, one five year old Dell Inspiron that originally came with Vista and[HI] I had 'upgraded' to Windows7 [/HI]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back