XP plate

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kiwicamper, Apr 19, 2013.

1. kiwicamper

kiwicamper Read Only Funster

Can someone tell me what this is. I am guessing it's a plate for a vehicle that will be exported within 12 months and not attracting VAT.

2. tofo

tofo Funster

any chance you could put it as a registration plate

as there has been a few styles used in the past
    ie a few examples
    A1
    aa 1234
    a123 abc
    abc 123 a
    ab62abc
    currently
    ab 13 abc
    and q plates for unknown aged vehicles

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

X CODES : EU EXPORT SERIES
    X codes are not "area" codes - but codes which show that a vehicle has been purchased tax free for export to the EU. There are two
    types of X code - those issued for vehicles whose date of first registration is before 1 September 2001 (the old system) and those
    issued for new vehicles and vehicles whose date of registration is on or after 1 September 2001.
    The code 'XP' is used in the place of the area identifier to denote a vehicle for EU export under the old system. The vehicle then
    carries the appropriate year letter for date of first registration and three serial letters. The second letter is not, as normal, a serial letter
    but a letter between A (January) and M (December, I is not used) to show the month of purchase. So X123AXP would show a Sep
    2000 - Feb 2001 vehicle, purchased in January, for export to the EU. This system was first introduced in 1993.
    The new system, for vehicles first registered on or after 1 September 2001, uses the codes XA to XF, with the second letter
    representing the month of purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The wizened of OZ

The wizened of OZ Funster

Plate

My export plate was XC12 BAZ. It has now been changed to a non export plate as I am staying longer than the 12 months allowed for export.

5. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

Is my memory playing tricks (as usual) or did the old export plates back in the sixties have a red border round them denoting that they had to be out of the country within 12 months?

6. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Yes they did.

7. kiwicamper

kiwicamper Read Only Funster

Did your XC plate have any effect on your ability to insure the vehicle?

8. Mathilde

Mathilde Funster

Aussie looking for Inusrance

I have a motorhome which I store in the UK and use approx 3 months per year. Only insurer I had found to insure an aussie owner is Downunder Insurance....Over 1000 pounds per year. Just wondering who you insure with or any ideas?? Many thanks Mathilde from Perth

9. presto

presto Read Only Funster

Leaving for France this morning

We are getting ready to travel to Rosslare Ferry 6.00 pm then to France and Italy.Nothing unusual about that,we have been doing it for years but there is this time.About five weeks ago four week before our six week break we were to go last Sunday.I went to local A and E with chest pains I had a stent put in last year got the all clear heart ok.Next day they rang chest x ray had shown some thing on my lung could be sinister they said then followed the worst days of my life being a smoker (stopped 15 years ago)I was convinced I had lung cancer cancelled our ferry family gathered round to wait on the results of the cat scan.Eventualy my GP rang you have a (lesion )on your lung of no importance and go and enjoy your trip.Feeling so relieved ad Realy appreciate what I have.(although my three grown up daughters are making me feel guilty for taking their Mum away when she will have her seventieth birthday :cry:see if I care thanks for listening to me.This forum was very helpful when we were going through the trauma.Presto