LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Saw one of those tv info ad programmes this morning for the XHose ( google it :winky: )

Thought WOW !! Spot on for the van..

Not cheap so will do a bit of research before buying.

Bloody glad I did..

I found, in various places, almost 500 'customer reviews'

Apart from the odd one or two that were so obviously jekyl ( as in posted up by either the maker or advertisers employed to 'big up' the product ) there is nothing bar complaints about the ruddy things

A great idea with great potential but REALLY needs improving ..

Oh and the advert is VERY misleading

They go on about how it expands to 75ft, then show how small it goes.. But the one they show all scrunched up and in a wee bucket is actually the 25ft one

ANDDDDDDDD

Advert goes on and on about how long the thing is ( 75ft is mentioned time and again ) and a price of 'Just £29.99' is given at the very end of the advert.. but that is only for a 25ft one not the 75ft one they go on and on about

Whilst the advert is basically factual, it is done in typical advert way and unless you follow it VERY carefully you can easily miss out on the 'verbal small print'

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
believe me, it WILL kink and it will kink a lot unless its laid out straight.

think of a regular garden hose and how easily that kinks if not laid out fully, and that is a lot stiffer.

far better using a curly hose and needing a little more storage space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Same as me..

Saw the advert one morning, thought that looks a good idea.

Typed it in google and started to read the reviews :Sad:
Think I will keep my cash in the pocket..:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I had never heard of this before. A bit of googling and I found out there is another similar product called the pocket hose which seems much better quality.. The reviewer is a bit boring but the demonstration is interesting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JKXUjbsUmc"]Pocket Hose vs X Hose - YouTube[/ame]

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There is something really weird about it when it is filled with water and 'expands' ... anyone seen the film 'Tremors' ???? :Eeek: :whatthe:

Does anyone know what the 'innards' are like on these things and what the water flow rate is?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The Pocket Hose is really well priced in the US of A.. In the UK the greedy gits who sell them make 100 more profit and are selling at around double the RRP is set to elsewhere

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
xhose

Hi,I thought it was a good idea, but have recieved an email from them to say that the hose is no good for drinking water,regards H::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back