XGODY 718 Chinese Satnav - WARNING (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I don't get a month and I was happy to pay for our holiday with peace of mind and uninterrupted 4G

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
i have found a site where all the latest updates are there for free.
tested them on my gody and tomtom, both working fine.
ps, gody is the truck one,all the files are there

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Thank you funsters, I have downloaded the rar. Where will i find the .ftr files and could I just copy these onto my XGODY704? and will it then work as a truck with weight limits etc.?

Are there instructions anywhere?

Thanks again!
Steve

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
ftr files are in the contents folder-maps.

you can copy all the maps, or just paste the ftr files. to be honest its quicker to delete your old maps and paste the new ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oldginny

Free Member
Oct 10, 2016
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Following this with great interest. I have been using the Xgody704 as a Trucker for quite a while now. Glad I still got my old Tom Tom and Atlas. Tried your files Ianand kath. The darn thing still sends me under low bridges! Still in touch with Xgody customer support for updates.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@Bart

which model did you get? what version of the maps are on it and are all of the ftr files missing?

Dropbox recently deleted the public folders for all users and are using a different means of sharing files. So it is likely that the link is no longer valid.

john

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Was'nt there some files uploaded to here for folk to download for the Chinese Ting Tong sat navs

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Is this it HERE
Ignore the out of stock notice scroll down and pick your country
I dont know if all the files you want are incuded go look see

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Is this it HERE
Ignore the out of stock notice scroll down and pick your country
I dont know if all the files you want are incuded go look see
That's the one Geo, however, I don't think that they are up to date maps, and they certainly don't contain the all important .ftr files. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Fitted Pammy a new dash cam over the new year and whilst checking footage from her old one it had her in South East China last Thurday night 7pm doing 60mph :Eeek:
I know for a fact she was at the chippy:doh:
Cant trust these Chinese GPS devices at all

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
@Bart

which model did you get? what version of the maps are on it and are all of the ftr files missing?

Dropbox recently deleted the public folders for all users and are using a different means of sharing files. So it is likely that the link is no longer valid.

john
Hi John the model i ordered was the 886
There were no FTR files :( ( I take it they should be in the maps folder ) ??
The maps are dated 2016.03
The speedcam files are 2015 Q3
Has anyone got the latest FTR files they can host or e.mail me them?
Also what other files do I need ?
Thanks

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi John the model i ordered was the 886
There were no FTR files :( ( I take it they should be in the maps folder ) ??
The maps are dated 2016.03
The speedcam files are 2015 Q3
Has anyone got the latest FTR files they can host or e.mail me them?
Also what other files do I need ?
Thanks
If the device was advertised as a truck sat nav and there are no .ftr files then it is not fit for purpose and you should be able to get your money back.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
If the device was advertised as a truck sat nav and there are no .ftr files then it is not fit for purpose and you should be able to get your money back.
Why when I had a good idea it would be missing the files ,, am I'm sure someone here will be able to share them , then make it a good cheap truck sat nav :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Why when I had a good idea it would be missing the files ,, am I'm sure someone here will be able to share them , then make it a good cheap truck sat nav :)
It doesn't make any difference to the advertising but if you were happy knowing the claim was misleading when you bought then OK :)

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
Following this with great interest. I have been using the Xgody704 as a Trucker for quite a while now. Glad I still got my old Tom Tom and Atlas. Tried your files Ianand kath. The darn thing still sends me under low bridges! Still in touch with Xgody customer support for updates.
are you sure you set the height right, mine works fine on bridges

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@Oldginny @ianandkath

It may be that the ftr files and map files are not compatible. I think that the map and ftr files must be the same version and supplier (Igo can use Tom Tom or Here mapping). I have proved that you cannot mix TomTom maps and Here ftr files. I am also sure that I read that the map files and ftr files must be the same version but cannot find the reference.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
@Oldginny @ianandkath

It may be that the ftr files and map files are not compatible. I think that the map and ftr files must be the same version and supplier (Igo can use Tom Tom or Here mapping). I have proved that you cannot mix TomTom maps and Here ftr files. I am also sure that I read that the map files and ftr files must be the same version but cannot find the reference.
maybe your right, but the files i uploaded to dropbox are all that you will need, and will work fine if you set the correct length, height and weight

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@ianandkath I am not doubting your upload if used in its entirety, but you did suggest just picking the ftr files, which if there is a compatability issue with the system that they are being loaded onto will not solve the problem. You could be correct in that the truck parameters were not set corectley. We may never know what oldginny did as he is now a read only funster.

Are you aware that the link you posted is no longer valid probably due to the recent changes in dropbox

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
@Oldginny @ianandkath

When the problem of missing .ftr files first arose (June 2015) I got in touch with Nozatec (by then Elite99 Customer Service <cs@elitefashion99.co.uk>, which I understand is still the download site) and was told "I have consulted my superior and she told me that you can just keep the original ".ftr" file and replace the other old files.".

Given their subsequent failure to publish complete map sets and general appearance to know little, if anything, about technical support for the product then I am highly sceptical as to the accuracy of their statement.

I should not be at all surprised if the same applies to the other sellers like xGody.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
Are you aware that the link you posted is no longer valid probably due to the recent changes in dropbox
yes i know the link does not work anymore, i had to rebuild my pc, and have not reloaded to dropbox yet. i will do soon

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
At a risk of attracting some flack ... hasn't this now become a little complicated for saving a few pennies.
Private individuals as customer service reps is a bit of a result for a company that stole it's software (and probably patents in its hardware too).
Hat off to the people who are helping others here...

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hat off to the people who are helping others here...
What you said is so true and just shows you the lovely community that we have here as a lovely Funster here who i have never met PM'ed me and went out of his way to help me , you know who you are Sir and i thank You :)

Ardey

Free Member
Mar 26, 2017
England
Funster No
MH
Don't own one YET ...
Exp
I'm a newbie
@ianandkath ... Hello,

I came across this interesting thread whilst searching for a XGODY fix as my device recently stopped working!
Hoping you can help, i.e. re-upload the ftr and map files to dropbox or another share site that can be accessed.
Any other additional information such as how to upload on device will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to Fun @Ardey, there are a whole load of threads about these Chinese satnavs on Fun and those of us who have them are generally happy to continue to use them, albeit with outdates ftr files, backed up by decent maps before eventually binning them. For the price many of us paid they did a good job. Unless you subscribe you will only get 5 posts and some of the forum will not be available to browse. More on that on that here.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
@ianandkath ... Hello,

I came across this interesting thread whilst searching for a XGODY fix as my device recently stopped working!
Hoping you can help, i.e. re-upload the ftr and map files to dropbox or another share site that can be accessed.
Any other additional information such as how to upload on device will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.
you need to go to the resourses page and download my files. then put them onto you sat nav.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back