Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
ty for your reply, i stand corrected.
but is not all software wrote in china and then loaded on to a chinese made tom tom or garmin.
just saying as iphones are made in china and chinese iphones are just copies, but , sorry to say, are better made
the same with turkish made levis, the copies are better made and that is how you tell the difference
I'm sorry but in the spirit of rule one thats total codswallop ..
But happy new year
:xdoh:
Just popping out to buy a Chinese made pirated lethal toy for my grandkids (not)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have ordered the Sat Nav , is there i certain type of micro SD that is better for the Sat Nav ? as i remember when i got a Dash Cam certain types of cards could make the unit freeze due to read / write speed
I'm prob gonna get a 32gb or 64bb card , so i could use it elsewhere in the future.
Or is there enough space on the 8gb that it comes with for all the maps of Europe.??
Trevor, the speel on the seller's advert (scroll down the link page) advises that the max size of micro SD card, is 32Gb. I have to say, that any card allocated to my Sat Nav, remains soley for that use. I don't add music or videos, as files can corrupt the mapping function.

BTW, I very recently had to reformat my micro SD card, due to "fatal error messages" which kept coming up on the screen, and prevented the Truck Maps from loading.
Fortunately, I just reloaded the last back up, and all is "Tickety Boo", as they say. (y)

Good luck with the updated unit. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Trevor, the speel on the seller's advert (scroll down the link page) advises that the max size of micro SD card, is 32Gb. I have to say, that any card allocated to my Sat Nav, remains soley for that use. I don't add music or videos, as files can corrupt the mapping function.

BTW, I very recently had to reformat my micro SD card, due to "fatal error messages" which kept coming up on the screen, and prevented the Truck Maps from loading.
Fortunately, I just reloaded the last back up, and all is "Tickety Boo", as they say. (y)

Good luck with the updated unit. (y)

Cheers,

Thanks for the heads up , i never noticed it was 32gb max , was just about to order the 64gb :) good job i never

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
ps @JockandRita if you just use yours for maps , what size of card do you have installed , and how much of it is used up
I think it's a 16Gb SD card, but without taking the SD card out and loading it into my laptop Trevor, (not in a position to do that right now :( ) I can't say exactly what capacity has been used, but I reckon it can't be far off half way.

@lunarman. John will know what capacity the truck maps take up.

Cheers,

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
I'm sorry but in the spirit of rule one thats total codswallop ..
But happy new year
:xdoh:
Just popping out to buy a Chinese made pirated lethal toy for my grandkids (not)
maybe not all copied things, but you only get what you pay for.
£100,000 car or a £100 banger, both will get you where your going, the only difference is the price.
but there are people who think that more is better, i call them snobs.:reel::imoutahere:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I think it's a 16Gb SD card, but without taking the SD card out and loading it into my laptop Trevor, (not in a position to do that right now :( ) I can't say exactly what capacity has been used, but I reckon it can't be far off half way.

@lunarman. John will know what capacity the truck maps take up.

Cheers,

@Bart

With the latest set of maps which includes the whole of the European continent the whole application including user pois on my satnav is just over 6gb. The map files keep growing and growing with each release. Of course you can exclude any countries that you don't intend visiting to cut down the size.
I have loaded just western Europe and that takes 3.8gb.

Hope that helps

John

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks John , 32GB it will be as thats the devices max , plus ill be able to use that card for something else further down the line.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I was just thinking on something, i used the poi's from searchforsites , they come in the following formats

Download Options
The data can be be downloaded in the following formats

• KML format for use with maps.me
  • CSV format for use with Garmin sat nav devices
  • OV2 format for use with TomTom sat nav devices
Will i still be able to use them in this SatNav ?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@Bart

yes you use the .kml file type

you put the file in the content/userdata/poi folder. You may have to create this folder as it is not usually there as standard.

john

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back