LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We've got a Rapido van that came with (ridiculous) cream seats. Very attractive and all that, but totally impractical for extended use.

I'm looking for suggestions for some easy slip on covers?

Could really do with them for the dinette seating too, but guess the cab is the priority.

We could obviously use some throw-on covers, or a couple of big towels with the ends turned over and sown, so they'd just hook on. But like to see if there are any better ideas?

As an aside, the van also came with plain cream thick pile loose-lay carpets! They were removed straight away and replaced by a second layer of vinyl (loose fit).

It makes no sense to me to have all cream fittings in a 'camping' van - it just looks pretty to sell the thing in the first place. Unfortunately, we didn't have a choice if we wanted the van.

Any ideas appreciated - thanks!

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
As it happens, there's somebody else selling just the same things :)

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
We've put on seat covers from Bancarel, a company based in France....We found them to fit well and be hard wearing. €175

D

DL42846

Deleted User

The above is one of my favorites

Oops, I managed to post this into the wrong site. Unfortunately I can't see how to delete it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My beloved seamstress bought two microfiber towels and made covers from them. She turned over one of the short edges and put a loop of elastic through it. This loop slides over the headrests. The cover is held in place lower down, at the "hinge" of the seat by two other bits of elastic. One side has a short bit with a button on it, the opposite side has a long bit of elastic which has button holes in it - you can buy it like that. These two bits are joined together behind the seat to tension the cover.
We did a few thousand miles on them last year. They worked brilliantly and were very easy to wash and dry. :)
I can take pictures if you like - wet and dark outside at the moment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
My beloved seamstress bought two microfiber towels and made covers from them. She turned over one of the short edges and put a loop of elastic through it. This loop slides over the headrests. The cover is held in place lower down, at the "hinge" of the seat by two other bits of elastic. One side has a short bit with a button on it, the opposite side has a long bit of elastic which has button holes in it - you can buy it like that. These two bits are joined together behind the seat to tension the cover.
We did a few thousand miles on them last year. They worked brilliantly and were very easy to wash and dry. :)
I can take pictures if you like - wet and dark outside at the moment.
That sounds like a good arrangement and might just be the sort of set up we need.

A couple of photos would be great, but only when it's convenient and the weather is better. No huge rush. We'll be busy for a day or two - just waiting at Lanzarote airport for a flight home after a couple of weeks in the sun. :) (y)

Many thanks!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That sounds like a good arrangement and might just be the sort of set up we need.

A couple of photos would be great, but only when it's convenient and the weather is better. No huge rush. We'll be busy for a day or two - just waiting at Lanzarote airport for a flight home after a couple of weeks in the sun. :) (y)

Many thanks!
Will do, have a good flight. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not sure how good you are at sewing but I made my own loose covers for the hab seats in our camper:

1 before - Copy.JPG
3 before - Copy.JPG
2 after - Copy.JPG
4 after - Copy.JPG
material - Copy.JPG

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
For our front seats I managed to find a pair of fluffy 'leopard' print ones at a car boot sale which I adapted to fit by making slits for the arms to go through.

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
They look good Minxy!! I don't think either of us have the sewing talents to produce anything as impressive, unfortunately. :(

Nonetheless, thanks for posting the pics, it gives me something to think about. (y)
What are your seats like? If you can post a photo/link I'll see if I can come up with an easy solution for you. :)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We have bought for the cab seats
faux sheepskin covers that have the ones with slits for the seat belts which cost £6.more also the arm covers are separate they are machine washable we purchased from a stall at malvern cant find
address at mo total cost was £58.
for the lounge area sheepskin rugs
dunelm £36.approx nice and flexible
after paying for a fresh van I didn't want to reupholster .

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
We have bought for the cab seats
faux sheepskin covers that have the ones with slits for the seat belts which cost £6.more also the arm covers are separate they are machine washable we purchased from a stall at malvern cant find
address at mo total cost was £58.
for the lounge area sheepskin rugs
dunelm £36.approx nice and flexible
after paying for a fresh van I didn't want to reupholster .
Thanks - and yes that's it - obviously don't want a full re-upholstery with a new van!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back