X250

Discussion in 'Fiat' started by Wildge, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Wildge

Wildge Funster

:Smile: Fiat X250
    Can anyone tell me how to get into the Main headlights on the Bolero. We keep getting a lot of ? condensation in the off-side and can't fathom out how to remove the plastic cover.:Sad:
    Don't want to force and break ???

thanks

2. phase3begins

phase3begins Read Only Funster

Consensus is that it is normal. Will dry out when used or in sunlight. Seems that most are like that?

3. rosalan

rosalan Funster

I have not had condensation here but I have heard of others with the same experience who were trying to sort out the damp.... cannot remember reading the whole thread but I think there was a solution on MHF somewhere.

Alan

4. chopper602

chopper602 Funster

Once you get the unit removed, you could remove the bulbs and stick the nozzle of a hair dryer in to dry it out ?

5. Phill D

Phill D

you need to take the top corner cover off ( 2 screws inside edge of bonnet and the plastic cover under the headlamp ( 1 screw insde edge of bonnet ) careful when pulling both of these off they have plastic clips which are a bit stubborn and can break off.

you will then see the screws that hold the headlamp housing in place.

i would as has been suggested, remove a rubber cap at the back of the light and the buld then hairdryer, then make sure you have a decent seal when you refit the rubber caps.

the plastic front on the headlamps "appears to be simply clipped " in place with a seal under it. not sure i would risk messing with that could be expensive mistake.

could try the good old sealing mastic ( neat small amount ) around the join of glass and body then use the hairdryer etc.

6. mick noe

mick noe Funster

I had damp/misting in my nearside head light just replaced it search e-bay think I paid around £65 no problem since:thumb:

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i think the plastic 'glass' and lamp body are bonded/welded and arent seperable.

as said, once the lights are on they will burn off any condensation

8. Wildge

Wildge Funster

headlights

:thanks: for all the replies folks will investigate very carefully .................and then maybe leave it to the professionals :thumb:

9. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

waste of time drying it out it will only come back usually means there a crack or leak of some sort either live with it or replace im afraid