Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:Smile: Fiat X250
Can anyone tell me how to get into the Main headlights on the Bolero. We keep getting a lot of ? condensation in the off-side and can't fathom out how to remove the plastic cover.:Sad:
Don't want to force and break ???

thanks

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Consensus is that it is normal. Will dry out when used or in sunlight. Seems that most are like that?

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I have not had condensation here but I have heard of others with the same experience who were trying to sort out the damp.... cannot remember reading the whole thread but I think there was a solution on MHF somewhere.

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you need to take the top corner cover off ( 2 screws inside edge of bonnet and the plastic cover under the headlamp ( 1 screw insde edge of bonnet ) careful when pulling both of these off they have plastic clips which are a bit stubborn and can break off.

you will then see the screws that hold the headlamp housing in place.

i would as has been suggested, remove a rubber cap at the back of the light and the buld then hairdryer, then make sure you have a decent seal when you refit the rubber caps.

the plastic front on the headlamps "appears to be simply clipped " in place with a seal under it. not sure i would risk messing with that could be expensive mistake.

could try the good old sealing mastic ( neat small amount ) around the join of glass and body then use the hairdryer etc.

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I had damp/misting in my nearside head light just replaced it search e-bay think I paid around £65 no problem since:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think the plastic 'glass' and lamp body are bonded/welded and arent seperable.

as said, once the lights are on they will burn off any condensation

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
headlights

:thanks: for all the replies folks will investigate very carefully .................and then maybe leave it to the professionals :thumb:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
waste of time drying it out it will only come back usually means there a crack or leak of some sort either live with it or replace im afraid

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back